What A Liar...

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stripermann2
Ultimate User

What A Liar...

Post by Stripermann2 »

What a complete idiot our great big Zero is... :roll:

Obama: Mandate is Not a Tax
ABC News Interview

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: ...during the campaign. Under this mandate, the government is forcing people to spend money, fining you if you don't. How is that not a tax?

OBAMA: Well, hold on a second, George. Here - here's what's happening. You and I are both paying $900, on average - our families - in higher premiums because of uncompensated care. Now what I've said is that if you can't afford health insurance, you certainly shouldn't be punished for that.
That's just piling on. If, on the other hand, we're giving tax credits, we've set up an exchange, you are now part of a big pool, we've driven down the costs, we've done everything we can and you actually can afford health insurance, but you've just decided, you know what, I want to take my chances. And then you get hit by a bus and you and I have to pay for the emergency room care, that's ...

STEPHANOPOULOS: That may be, but it's still a tax increase.

OBAMA: No. That's not true, George. The - for us to say that you've got to take a responsibility to get health insurance is absolutely not a tax increase. What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore than the fact that right now everybody in America, just about, has to get auto insurance. Nobody considers that a tax increase. People say to themselves, that is a fair way to make sure that if you hit my car, that I'm not covering all the costs.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But it may be fair, it may be good public policy ...

OBAMA: No, but - but, George, you - you can't just make up that language and decide that that's called a tax increase. Any ...

STEPHANOPOULOS: Here's the ...

OBAMA: What - what - if I - if I say that right now your premiums are going to be going up by 5 or 8 or 10 percent next year and you say well, that's not a tax increase; but, on the other hand, if I say that I don't want to have to pay for you not carrying coverage even after I give you tax credits that make it affordable, then ...

STEPHANOPOULOS: I - I don't think I'm making it up. Merriam Webster's Dictionary: Tax - "a charge, usually of money, imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes."

OBAMA: George, the fact that you looked up Merriam's Dictionary, the definition of tax increase, indicates to me that you're stretching a little bit right now. Otherwise, you wouldn't have gone to the dictionary to check on the definition. I mean what ...

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, no, but ...

OBAMA: ... what you're saying is ...

STEPHANOPOULOS: I wanted to check for myself. But your critics say it is a tax increase.

OBAMA: My critics say everything is a tax increase. My critics say that I'm taking over every sector of the economy. You know that. Look, we can have a legitimate debate about whether or not we're going to have an individual mandate or not, but ...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But you reject that it's a tax increase?

OBAMA: I absolutely reject that notion.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

a fee set by the govt' is a tax...it's that damn simple.!!
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

alexander38 wrote:a fee set by the govt' is a tax...it's that damn simple.!!
+1
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Tony, you, I and all the small business owners strive to build our businesses for the future. Only to have this asshat impose this mandate on us or be taxed.
So much for the American dream!! Need all to vote this idiot out and repeal this ruling!
Oh...and who will pay for the health and care of those who DON'T work?
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Yes I know Jamie, This was once a country that was Great ! respected, admired and yes feared, in just one generation the left has turned us in to a bunch of handout wanting and needing bitches...I was told work hard Tony you can be and do anything, Well my Wife (of 30 yrs. yes just one strange in it self today) have worked our asses off and made it to mid/upper middle class. And now we're told to pay more ! Well screw that ! I'll work my companies labor needs around the mandates and I'll fire the highest paid drivers and replace them with newbies to get my money back. You see libs that's what goes on in the real world, There's a cost to your crap and us who make the jobs are fed up !
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

I had that discussion with my boss and his wife a few weeks ago as I am the highest paid in my 13 man shop. I told them to fire me since I have become some what ill. Not dropping in performance but taking much time off for doc appts over 6 months time. They almost did fire me. Till they realized they would lose and spend money looking for someone that gave a *** and did the job right. You can get rid of your highest paid but theres probly a damn good reason why they are the high paid. Less drama, best performance, least complaints etc.... Maybe not your case. But a large case for many non the less. A greedy boss is looked at the same way a money hungry good hard working employee is, Boss is just the trigger man with control and worried about his own, respectfully understood in my mind but..... We all work for the government from january to May. No matter your status! not many Buisness gross over 5-8% in the small world. If you want more your dreaming, if your already getting more than good for you. Firing you best or longest most devoted people just for "spite" of your governments actions is just another reason "we the people" have gone to *** IMO. I feel sorry for the guys that work for you. LOL if they knew of this site you wouldn't have a buisness tomorrow. I edited only to add that I am a strictly commision employee for 20 years. So yes performance, acuracy and no come backs make me and the bizz $$$$ but still I would be leary of firing the higher paid and just add more work to there load, they will take it and alot easier than hiring a bunch of cheap worthless people. The work ethnic is lost in young people these days and the good guys are getting old....
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

It's economics Jeff, The highest paid cost the most. Workers comp up 20% on a 100.00 in salary unemployment insurance up 25% and a make up tax of over $500.00 one time fee they called it. So you can call me greedy all you ****ing want to, you think workin' to pay taxes from Jan. to May sucks try stroking a check for over 6k a month Dude every damn month ! Try writing checks in June for property taxes of 10k, paying a Biz lic. tax of $4500.00 to support city roads and rideaway's that your Biz doesn't use, (home office) So Small Biz watches money go out the window in fee's and taxes. So I ask myself where can I cut to bring the Biz back in the black ? payroll is the only true place I can cut then so be it.. You see signing the front of the check is alot harder than the back.

I wish the Owners of jobs didn't have to pay all the deductions for the employees and insurance taxes such S/S medicare, unemployment and payroll income taxes, and you had to stroke those checks you just might understand, And lets not forget the garnishment duties Owners have now just in case you don't pay your Child support, property taxes or any other damn bill, So that adds to the cost of doing payroll again another hidden tax. ( if the govt' makes you do it and it cost money it's a damn tax) And I'm glad the Owner of your job kept you, But if you think he won't let you go if you start costing him more than your skills bring him and he knows your skills can be had for less and he must cut payroll then I bet he'll cut you.

edit...Instead asking your Boss to fire you, you should've quit if you really feel you're costing him that much money, Commission only ? No hourly pay plus Commission ?
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Pass the popcorn please
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

I agree with you for the most part, and im sure all the bills sucks. I still beleave its easier to put more work on the better paid then dealing with highering and firing worthless people every week. Would seem to agravating and time consuming to me. Leading to lose money cause you could be doing something else to improve and make money. Your right I probly would understand if I had employees, I owned a repair service that we worked on cranes at NOB for 2 years. Never hired enough people to have to worry about all the payment issues thank god. The 3 million dollar insurance policy they made me carry is what eventually made me give in.

Other than this 2 years on my own from form 2005 to 2007, NO hourly base pay for the past 20 years since the summer I turned 16. Straight commision only. No work No check. Ive always pushed to work hard, be good, and do it once cause the second time you dont get paid. Being in a shop that stays busy and getting 45% is nice and hard to find anymore. I dont beleave I was costing my boss money, The discussion came up when I "wasnt" talking about my illness to them. I just felt bad that I was going to the doctor 2-3 times a week but I pushed to keep my average checks up. I almost couldnt do it for a while. He probly cant fire for medical reasons but your right im sure if I were costing him $$ he would just wait till I accidently left a shop rag in my back pocket and went to lunch. Fire me for stealing. For them, they know that it would be hard to replace me and they would lose $ untill someone came along that pushes as hard as I do. I guess every situation is different.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

jefflaw35 wrote:I agree with you for the most part, and im sure all the bills sucks. I still beleave its easier to put more work on the better paid then dealing with highering and firing worthless people every week. Would seem to agravating and time consuming to me. Leading to lose money cause you could be doing something else to improve and make money. Your right I probly would understand if I had employees, I owned a repair service that we worked on cranes at NOB for 2 years. Never hired enough people to have to worry about all the payment issues thank god. The 3 million dollar insurance policy they made me carry is what eventually made me give in.

Other than this 2 years on my own from form 2005 to 2007, NO hourly base pay for the past 20 years since the summer I turned 16. Straight commision only. No work No check. Ive always pushed to work hard, be good, and do it once cause the second time you dont get paid. Being in a shop that stays busy and getting 45% is nice and hard to find anymore. I dont beleave I was costing my boss money, The discussion came up when I "wasnt" talking about my illness to them. I just felt bad that I was going to the doctor 2-3 times a week but I pushed to keep my average checks up. I almost couldnt do it for a while. He probly cant fire for medical reasons but your right im sure if I were costing him $$ he would just wait till I accidently left a shop rag in my back pocket and went to lunch. Fire me for stealing. For them, they know that it would be hard to replace me and they would lose $ untill someone came along that pushes as hard as I do. I guess every situation is different.

The insurance you had to carry was a Fed Govt' mandate, ie TAX been there done that, doing it now with ID cards I need to get my trucks on the Navy bases $650.00 a yr. so I can bring them supply's they order. But as you found out unfunded mandates will drive you out of biz.

Skill level of workers, Apples and Oranges Jeff, A good Body man is alot harder to find than someone with a good driving record that can be taught to use a scanner and learn a route.
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !