Congratulations NASA

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Torcan
Moderate User

Congratulations NASA

Post by Torcan »

I follow the space program with great interest. Congratulations to NASA and the entire Space Program for a successful landing on Mars of the Rover Curiosity
The USA has much to be proud of, a leader in exploration.
The fact that we all have desktop computers, cellphones, internet can all be traced back to early space programs.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
carlywolf
Sporadic User

Post by carlywolf »

Torcan, you are so right about all the technology we now enjoy coming from space programs. I moved to Cape Canaveral 9 months ago and the local economy and news of course floods everyday life down here. 7000 jobs were lost after the shuttles stop flying here but now that private commercial companies are jumping in the game the oppurtunity for alot of these well educated and once well paid engineers are slowly coming back. The military sends up satellites about 10-15 times a year so living so close by i get the pleasure of seeing these marvels when they blast off. I worked for a major airline for 30 years and saw alot of planes take off and land , but seeing these technological space vehicles take off has me awed and proud to be an American.......
Classic 1977 F26 HT 5.7 MPFI 350 (330HP)
CLAS-SEA
Carl
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Congratulations NASA

Post by prowlersfish »

Torcan wrote:I follow the space program with great interest. Congratulations to NASA and the entire Space Program for a successful landing on Mars of the Rover Curiosity
The USA has much to be proud of, a leader in exploration.
The fact that we all have desktop computers, cellphones, internet can all be traced back to early space programs.

x2
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Yes, it's very cool and congrats to a perfect landing. This is one of Curiosity's first photos...very exciting! :)

Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

Stripermann2 wrote:Yes, it's very cool and congrats to a perfect landing. This is one of Curiosity's first photos...very exciting! :)

Was not!!! Iwas there!!
:lol: :lol:
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

Stripermann2 wrote:Yes, it's very cool and congrats to a perfect landing. This is one of Curiosity's first photos...very exciting! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

That is so perfect Jamie and for us in the know requires absolutely no explanation....priceless!

I remember buying one of the first LED watches to come out back in the '70s; cost a fortune (Seiko). My understanding is that the technology was a product of the Apollo program. I can just imagine how many other things we take for granted today originated from that research.

Years ago, I happened to be at the space center when they anounced the launch of the Canadian Anik D1 communications satelite for those interested in seeing the launch. There was a shuttle that took us to the observation area, and let me tell you; as far away from the launch pad as we were, I could feel the rumble in my chest when she lit up. Will never forget that. It's a shame that so many jobs were terminated, hopefully there will be another ambitious vision in the near future.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Big D wrote:That is so perfect Jamie and for us in the know requires absolutely no explanation....priceless!

I remember buying one of the first LED watches to come out back in the '70s; cost a fortune (Seiko). My understanding is that the technology was a product of the Apollo program. I can just imagine how many other things we take for granted today originated from that research.

Years ago, I happened to be at the space center when they anounced the launch of the Canadian Anik D1 communications satelite for those interested in seeing the launch. There was a shuttle that took us to the observation area, and let me tell you; as far away from the launch pad as we were, I could feel the rumble in my chest when she lit up. Will never forget that. It's a shame that so many jobs were terminated, hopefully there will be another ambitious vision in the near future.
Agreed. The space program is something which leaves me in awe. Always has...the ability to define and pinpoint with such accuracy every aspect is incredible.

My younger brother and family have a house on the water in Cocoa Beach with a fantastic view of blast offs from Cape Canaveral- cool pictures.
I would have loved being in areonautics myself. However, I'm terrible at math! :wink:
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

minus the little joke I do agree, space program is great stuff, my father was an A-6 intruder navigator for 30 years, his pilot of 10 years in his early years was Michael Smith. Pilot of the challenger shuttle that blew up, I grew up with their kids in widbey island WA, his wife still lives in va beach. Dad was always proud of him for going for higher ground! I still have newspaper and pictures of being a little kid with him... hit my parents hard.... what an experence it would be to acually get up there!!!