Hurricane distress sale

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

Great. Now the question is...which one do you keep ?????
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '
(Italian for 'my mistress')

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water" -- Chief Brody
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Yes that is the big question and it is hanging over my head big time. We have put so much effort and money over the last year on the F25 it's hard to let it go. Especially when we are finally ready to put it in water in the next few weeks after so many delays. We know the F25 has a solid fresh rebuilt motor-finally! The interior has has been gone through with new counters, pumps, etc. We really just need to recover the interior cushions, buff and bottom paint and it will be done. We took the F25 apart and have gone through it well so we feel like we know what we have there.

The F30 layout is very appealing however. Although the F30 is a little ragged out cosmetically I believe it is structurally and mechanically sound for the most part. We are not too worried about the cosmetics and feel the F30 has a lot of potential and benefits, especially for a family of 5. Tough call!

My buddy the Captain feels there will minimal difference in fuel economy if we don't push it hard, that is probably best put out as another post I guess.

Decisions, descisions...
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

Get ready for many sleepless nights....A family of 5 would sure fit better in the Clean Machine, I guess it depends on how big your wallet is. The F25 does sound nice though! Let us know.
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '

myakka

Post by myakka »

lawman are those old MacKenzies behind your boat?
Squall sailing dingy
18 outrage(Sold)
25 Trojan(still own, until current user finishes paying me)
Dauntless 220
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

can you keep both, at least for now? i've never seen the layout of the 'clean machine' so i'm not really familiar with the vessel. the f-25 i am more familiar with, layout wise that is.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

now my curiosity is up. i'd love to see what the 'clean machine' looks like on the inside. can't find any on yachtworld to view. are they popular models?
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Just like the reg F30 insides ,
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

myakka wrote:lawman are those old MacKenzies behind your boat?
Not sure, I think the white one was for sale last year.
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '

classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Yes we can fit both boats at the dock so we can take our time to decide. I found a youtube video of the boat we bought when it was on ebay. Just go to youtube and search Trojan F30 Sportfish and it should come right up. The video was done by the guy who sold it to the guy we bought it from. The guy we bought it from only owned it 5 months. It will require a fair bit of work but we only have a little over $1000 into it at this point. I will get some current pictures but that video is only 6 months old, its just dirtier now. Never understood people who want to sell something but won't even clean what they are trying to sell. I could probably just give her a bath and make a profit!
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

classicf25 wrote:Yes we can fit both boats at the dock so we can take our time to decide. I found a youtube video of the boat we bought when it was on ebay. Just go to youtube and search Trojan F30 Sportfish and it should come right up. The video was done by the guy who sold it to the guy we bought it from. The guy we bought it from only owned it 5 months. It will require a fair bit of work but we only have a little over $1000 into it at this point. I will get some current pictures but that video is only 6 months old, its just dirtier now. Never understood people who want to sell something but won't even clean what they are trying to sell. I could probably just give her a bath and make a profit!
well the youtube thing was a bust. could not find it anywhere. as for people not cleaning up their property before a sale, i can bend your ear for an hour at the condition and SMELL of some of the tri cabins i looked at before fining my little jem. unbelievable. and i know p-dogg can equally occupy your time at the saga he went through looking for his tri cabin. hopefully he'll chime in here.
hope to see more pics of a clean machine soon. again, my curiosity factor is up big time.
aaron
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
TBone
Sporadic User

Post by TBone »

Good to hear you had a successful voyage! congrats on the new boat!

Lawman- I see you live in Ma., where did you have your canvas made. It looks awesome! I may be looking for some upgrades to mine.

Tom
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Sorry about that youtube search. If you go to youtube and put "Trojan F30 Sportfish ebay" it is the 2nd video down. There is a british guy showing the boat.
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

T-Bone, I bought the boat with the canvas, it's only a couple of years old though. I did buff out the Isinglass last winter with Plastix by Meguiars and put some 303 Aerospace Protectant on to keep the UV rays out. There is a good canvas shop here if you're interested.

Here's the youtube link for Lawrences' Trojan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PBWSdRCDRI

Did he say there was a battery on the Flybridge???
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '

classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Thanks Lawman, I am not very computer savy. There is a battery on the Flybridge as well. What did you think of what you saw on the video. Last night I pulled off a real nice tool kit, all new coast guard kit and 11 fishing rods with a bunch of tackle that the PO said he wasn't going to use anymore. A few of the rods and reels look real nice! He was so disgusted with his first boating experience he did not want to even go back on the boat after we made the deal, poor guy... But at least he didn't lose the boat to the marina and was able to pay his overdue slip fees and end up with a few hundred in his pocket.
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

Not a bad video, the guy sounds like he does'nt have a clue about boats. Not sure about that battery on the Flybridge, why would they put one up there,the heat alone will kill it in the Summer and it must have very long cables to go down to the motors????Cabin looks good. I would try to take those covers off of the side windows,not only for light but to see if they're leaking. How are the stringers? any soft spots in the Cockpit area or bow??
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '