A very sad day for me

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Torcan
Moderate User

A very sad day for me

Post by Torcan »

For anyone that has ever had a pet, and then lose them, they can appreciate what I am going through right now.
This last evening, at 8:15 I lost my best friend. She was a joy, funny, comical and very independent. Always on her own terms.

She was sick for only 2 days, she was only 5 and I have had her from the beginning.
She fell ill suddenly, would not eat, or drink, and needed to be alone in a corner by herself. Every once in a while she would crawl out to be by my side for an hour, then would saunter away for the next few hours, untill she no longer came to see me.

I took her to the vet, did blood work, gave her fluids, then brought her home.
She died in my arms tonight, not alone, with the tears running down my face, and an uncontrollable sobbing on my part.
The feeling of a loss, an emptiness I now feel at 2:00am, and am unable to fall asleep. I miss her terribly, words cannot express the emotions I am going through right now.

R.I.P. Molly
I am going to miss you so much. Thank you for the years of fun and joy you gave me. Now you are in Kitty Heaven. Love you and miss you.

1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Sorry , about your loss . Its sad when we lose part of our family .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Been there several times (cats and dogs) so I know exactly what you mean. Tearing up just reading this and thinking about my past friends. The last one several years ago was so painfull that I simply can't bring myself to get another pet and having to go through it again some day. They sure have a way of getting inside your mind's/heart's softest spot like nothing else could. Thanks so much for including us in your time of sorrow. It's a real testimony to the type of folks we have on this forum, that a person in his saddest moment would pick us at 2 in the morning to share his most intimate pain with. Thanks again for sharing that. Bye Molly, hope you run into my buddies up there, say hi for me, and let them know that daddy still thinks of them.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
BeaconMarineDon
Beacon Don
Beacon Don

Post by BeaconMarineDon »

I understand exactly what you've gone through. The innocence, joy and unconditional love of a pet is beyond description. Sadly, they fill your heart.... and when they leave they take just a small bit of your heart them. Best wishes in the difficult days ahead...
Don -- Beacon Marine Supply
Don@TrojanBoats.net
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Torcan, I know the feeling and am so sorry for your loss.

Our life, revolves around our beloved dog 24/7. I lost one 8 years ago and I was a wreck for months.
I can only offer my condolences and wish you well.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

Thank you all for your kind words. It will be 1 week tomorrow that I lost her. It is still painful, I have put her dish, favourite toy away. I was surprised to receive a card, and a long hand written note from her vet expressing sympathy. It went a long way in the healing process. Albeit gradual and slow.

I also received a letter from the University of Guelph, Ontario notifying me that a donation was made in her name by the Vet in the pursuit of research into animal science.

Molly comes home today, I did have her cremated and will keep her in a special place. I could not bear to have her just disposed of, who knows where, and seeing how I live in a condo, no property to give her a burial, not to mention that I didn't want that for her.

In death, I have tried to give her as much love as I did when she was romping around, and cuddling up to me.

Again, to all who took the time to comment. Thank you. I really appreciate it.
She remains in my heart and thoughts, and I have her memories to keep me company.

James (aka Torcan)
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Sorry for your loss
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Happy to hear what your vet did. Nice to know some research will be done in her name. UofG does some amazing stuff. Ever get any feedback on what may have been the cause, did they narrow down anything specific?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

Same here , I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My husky is going on 16yrs now and know we all be a mess here when the time comes to let go. btw I'm not a cat person but that pic is probably one of the best looking cats Ive seen. I could fall for that one easily . again sorry and hope it passes quickly for you
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

Big D wrote: Ever get any feedback on what may have been the cause, did they narrow down anything specific?
I was offered to do a necropsy, but turned it down. I could not bear to know that she would be cut up and examined. The vet suspects that she was born with feline leukemia, which reared it's ugly head only now 5 years later. It has a tendency to come out of the blue and have a cat go downhill very fast. She was always very healthy, and had her check-ups regularly, never ever had a warning that she would get so sick so fast. There never was ever a reason suspect that I would need to order or do blood tests.
Even her vet never suspected that she would fall ill so fast.

The change in her from one day to the next was like night and day.
Like someone just turned the lights off in a room and left.

I am better this week, slowly getting back into things, kept busy with the haul-out preparations, and then haul-out today.

Once again, Thank you everyone for your kind words.
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

Sorry for your loss
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!