UPDATE FROM AARON, POST TREATMENT PET/CT RESULTS.....

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

UPDATE FROM AARON, POST TREATMENT PET/CT RESULTS.....

Post by aaronbocknek »

good evening friends, today marks the 51st day post radiation/treatment for my cancer, and the follow up post treatment PET/CT scan to see where we are and what needs to be done further. in short, the results show ''positive improvement'' thus far. the left lingual lymph nodes show no 'activity' as the node has shrunk almost to a smooth non palpable lump. mind you, at the height of the cancer diagnosis in may, the node as approx. 2" in length, 1/2 inch in width and 1/2 inch in height. the node was tender, inflamed and was causing me such pain, i could not raise my left leg more than 4" above the ground. part of the cancer had migrated into the node thus the inflammation. i cannot even describe how utterly painful it was. it even caused my leg to swell to twice it's size because it was pressing against a nerve. it is now the size of a small pea. the cancer itself, as of today shows some 'slight uptick' in activity. in other words, it continues to respond to the absorption of the radiation. yes, i'm still 'radioactive' for the next 12 weeks, it has that much of a half life. i was shown the pretreatment scan and post treatment (today's) scan and the side by side is amazing. what was a large bright spot on the scan is now a small dim dot. yes, it shows some activity, but it also shows response. total shrinkage of the tumor was roughly 3 to 4 mm in mass and volume. the overall prognosis is good and now we are in a wait and see mode for the next few months. three (3) months from now there will be another PET/CT scan and a biopsy of the area. so, for now we are in the wait and see and monitor mode. overall, the oncology team is 'very pleased' with my overall prognosis, health and response to treatment. let's hope that the tumor continues to respond and eventually die, never to return.

gastro intestinal issue still continue to plague me as does continued lower 'gut' pain---think perpetual stomach ache. the GI issues are due to the residual effects of the radiation causing the actual lining of the intestine to be 'burned' off. lacking the surface area to properly digest food causes the pain, but, i'm told,that this will improve as my body continues to rebuild the tissue.
let's hope so, because right now, it's NOT the greatest of feelings and the comfort level is way below normal. in short, i know it takes time, but, believe me, all i want to do now is 'feel normal'.

that's it for now.... will keep you posted when developments take place.

thank you all for your continued support and good wishes.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Great news Aaron, on the good side you can light up a room with a blue glow. :lol:

Larry
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

larryeddington wrote:Great news Aaron, on the good side you can light up a room with a blue glow. :lol:

Larry
:lol: :lol: :lol: i'm glowing from the radioactive sugar that was injected in my veins today..... seriously, my pee actually is luminescent right now. i was warned to stay away from any building with radioactive detecting devices for the next two days !! larry, having gone through this yourself, what's your take on this result? even with some 'uptake', i think and hope the tumor will eventually die.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

That would be my guess as well, mine did but I had no follow up tretments just killed the prostate and its cancer, I'm 8 years out and it is still gone.

I was just adding levity to the situation had no idea of a real glowing. I did not, just some brown suntan on my rear cheeks which eventually left. Some have the GI issues I did not. Lucky for me.

Good luck with it, Larry :D
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Good to hear everything is going in the right direction. Stay the course, better day's ahead! Think positive!!
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Ditto
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

thanks for the E-mail Aaron, glad to hear you're doin' ok. Now what you need to do is set up a trip down the Bay, with at least 3 stops in it with no less than 2 days and no more 3 days at each stop. you'll enjoy the planning and then doing it. Trust me you will, it drops my stress level alot and takes my mind off BS....get that Tri-cabin underway next yr. Day trips don't count. Those are bottom cleaners.... :wink:
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

X2

( I need to do the same )
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D