Vote

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Vote

Post by prowlersfish »

prowlersfish wrote:Don't forget to get out and vote on Tuesday no mater who you are for !
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

And don't vote for whats best for you , vote whats best for your grand kids
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

And your really can make a difrence as this is close one .
this is from CNN this moring

"A new CNN/ORC International poll shows the presidential race is all tied up, going into Election Day on Tuesday. In the national survey of likely voters, Barack Obama has 49% and Mitt Romney also has 49%.

It is close in other areas as well. Obama's favorable rating: 52%. Romney's favorable rating: 51%. 51% say they agree with Obama on important issues. 50% say the same about Romney. 56% say that Obama has the personal qualities a president should have. 55% feel that way about Romney. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5% points.

Get complete coverage of breaking politics news on CNN.com, CNN TV and CNN Mobile.

>+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= "
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Paul, the good in thing is that the Redskins LOST yesterday to the Panthers.
Historically, if the Skins won a game prior to the election, the incumbent won the race.

Once we can get the big Zero out of the house, we can chip away at that fricken Martin butthead O'malley. I hate political ass kissers and he's Obama's biggest cheerleader.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Yeah, let's ditch the African-american president that we have and replace him with a Mexican-american*!
Obviously the sarcasm was missed. The Republicans make a big deal out Obama's background, but Democrats have barely raised Mitt's background as an issue because it is not germaine to the topics at hand. Nevertheless, when I saw Mitt's mom talking about Mitt's dad emigrating from Mexico and being on welfare, I got a chuckle and just had to share. Republicans I do not have a problem with. Hypocrites I do.

FYI, I spent four years of my career as an EEO, as in Equal Employment Opportunity, counselor, where it was my job to assist people who felt that they had been discriminated against. I have walked the walked and talked the talk when it comes to race and gender equality. Everyone else is free to share their race-quality credentials.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

The EEOC is anything but E.O. :wink:

My "race-quality credentials." ? Life , its not who you are born its who you make of yourself .
Last edited by prowlersfish on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

For what it's worth, I read Perry's post as tongue in cheek...No harm that I read.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

No harm was taken :wink: and you would be surprised at who I want to win , and the first two guesses don't count , and I am voting for choice #2

and no its not big D :shock:
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

prowlersfish wrote:No harm was taken :wink: and you would be surprised at who I want to win , and the first two guesses don't count , and I am voting for choice #2

and no its not big D :shock:
Another closet case for O.............. lets see............? :wink:
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

race-quality credentials
Dang it I hate typos! I meant race EQUALITY credentials.

not who you are born its who you make of yourself
You've got that right Prowlerfish! I wish more people would take personal responsiblity for themselves instead of blaming the government. We need to reward achievers and provide disincentives to the under-achievers -- and stop coddling people to make them feel good.

I fell out of my seat in my kids school auditorium last year. I took the day off of work to go see the award ceremony for honors society, track, etc. One kid got an award for finishing in 7th place in a track meet. I'm like -- WTF? What are we teaching these kids? I complained to the principal, because as you can perhaps tell, I don't mind speaking my mind. Too many people stand by and do nothing too often. My wife thinks that someday I'm going to get shot. It's not something that I look forward to, but it's better than being a coward. Is it on this site that someone's signature is "for evil to prevail, it takes good men to do nothing." ? So true.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
~DarkNemesis~

Post by ~DarkNemesis~ »

sad on the night of when you still cant decide but you know as a citizen you need to vote. hopefully in time things will get better and come back around like they used to. Tough desion for alot of people here in the US. Alot of people dont like either canidate but are going for romney just because they hate obahma so much. I feel its just a bad deal all around and hope it gets better for my kids and their future.

Btw my boat is still in one peice. And If you know what is inside of it, you best stay off my property before you lose your voting privileges. :!: not to mention many other things :!:
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

P-Dogg , on that note we agree . , I better reread it LOL . . When I was younger and I did not get a trophy It meant I needed to try harder , How else do do learn ?
Last edited by prowlersfish on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Don't even get me started on this sh$t. This has been a real issue for me now that I have a young lad in sports. So my little guy's hockey team tackles thier goalie after a win last Saturday, and get this; I find out later that the coach tells them in the dressing room that it was too unsportsman-like and probably made the other team feel bad....say what? Are you kidding me. This seems to be the norm in all kid's sports these days. Can't wait to see the coach next weekend :?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Hey - if need be, do what I do.... Vote for the least worst candidate.

All of mine always suck - there was only one really good one in the past, but his party kicked him out because he spoke his mind. Darn fool actually thought he represented his constituents, and not the party line!!
~DarkNemesis~

Post by ~DarkNemesis~ »

captainmaniac wrote:Hey - if need be, do what I do.... Vote for the least worst candidate.

All of mine always suck - there was only one really good one in the past, but his party kicked him out because he spoke his mind. Darn fool actually thought he represented his constituents, and not the party line!!
guess your right. hard to pick the least worst here though. I dont beleave in racism, not even a thought about it. they both can help and hurt my family in the position we are in. I know just 1 vote is worthless but its a vote. Just what do you do when they both dont really deserve it? Not a greedy person or family and willing to sacrifice if its worthy but not rich so cant just be taken advantage of. This race "election" is deff one that im not used to seeing at my young age. 8-16 years ago I didnt pay attention, thats my fault. To busy trying to build a successful life. Now I feel im trying to save what I made of it. Stuck in the middle isnt always a good place to be anymore. At least thats the impression I get for what its worth