HAPPY DAY AFTER MAYAN CALENDAR DAY....

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

HAPPY DAY AFTER MAYAN CALENDAR DAY....

Post by aaronbocknek »

whew...... dodged that bullet. now, where is that asteroid that everyone is talking about? :shock:
here is to a very happy new year to you all, and, may 2013 be good to us all.
aaron, maccabee and phil, the crew of the ENTERPRISE
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

Happy Day After The End Of The World! This is the sixth time in my lifetime I've been disappointed. :lol: Anyone remember back in the 1980s when all of the planets aligned and the earth was suppossed to be torn apart? At the very least they said the tides would swamp the coastal cities. I think the tides were about 1 foot higher than normal IIRC.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

The Dog House wrote:Happy Day After The End Of The World! This is the sixth time in my lifetime I've been disappointed. :lol: Anyone remember back in the 1980s when all of the planets aligned and the earth was suppossed to be torn apart? At the very least they said the tides would swamp the coastal cities. I think the tides were about 1 foot higher than normal IIRC.
I remember that. I'll never forget it because we were at a church service at the time, and right in the middle of service, all the power went off :shock: You can imagine what went through everyone's mind those first few seconds. What struck me was the rush to the doors. Why? I thought, even if it was the end. After the crowd had settled outside, I got up, went out also, only to have all the lights in the area come back on. Still wonder if it was a power worker's idea of a practical joke. Got us going though. Somewhere, somebody is telling thier kids the joke they pulled on a few thousand people that night.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

Or what I heard on the radio the other day, almost drove off the road into a ditch. The time will come when the person carrying the "A" virus will come into contact with the person carrying the "B" virus, the zombies will then come to end the world