New F32 owner

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

K4282
Moderate User

New F32 owner

Post by K4282 »

Just wanted to say Hi, I recently meet someone who came up on hard times and had no place to keep his boat. Shes a 1973 Trojan F32. Not in the best of shape but stands me about $300 so far including a haul out. One motor runs great, one does not but comes with a motor to go in it. I took her from Newport to Providence RI on one motor and hauled her just before christmas. Shes been neglected over the years and id like to turn it around. I currently have a 79 Silverton 26 Flybridge which I hope to sell and invest the money into the Trojan. Any comments, suggestions, do and do nots are appreciated. She has a wierd extension to the salon and some goofy doors I hope to replace soon.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Welcome to the board. From your description and from what I see, perhaps this model is the Flybridge Express. It never had any salon doors. It continued from the cockpit through to the walk down. Maybe someone added to the back end with an enclosure of some type. Or, maybe it is a convertible with a salon, and an addition?

Couldn't tell you for sure without seeing the rest of the boat...
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Welcome aboard. Nice looking boat in the photo.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Congrats
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

Welcome to the F-32 family.

If you need support in the Newport area please let me know. I know some great local guys living there now who are in the marine industry.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Welcome aboard -

Congrats on your "new" boat.

Yes, odd extension at the rear (do you have sliding doors?) and the Lee Outriggers are mounted on the flybridge. Interesting setup.

Nice pulpit. Nice outriggers. Nice 16' VHF antenna. Boat looks pretty clean. Did you get it free?

Docking on one motor can be fun ...

318's? One engine shot? May not be too difficult to repair/replace as the 318s are pretty popular. Good luck!
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

K4282, what you have there is a very rare Trojan F-32 Sportfisherman, model 322. It is said that less than 2 dozen have been built. You can tel the difference between the Sportfisherman and the more common Express by the shorter fore deck on the Sportfisherman. This would be a great looking boat if you ditched the add on and brought it back to factory spec.

I saw this boat in Newport last Summer and snapped a couple of photos for my book. The last two pages are from my book.

Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

dont know why i cant see those pictures. For the price i can do allot with this boat and make in mine, updated and better than original. I plan to have the aft windows made to tear drop ones, new doors and recessed back into factory spects. Mine has dual helms and the one on the bridge is at the forward area, not in the middle like most, is this a modification someone did? i do not believe this was ever a open salon model, and i will not make it one. Interested in local referalls for fiberglass/window/door work 401-255-8921 or keitha161@gmail.com
I currently dont have a online photo of the rear doors. This is my 73 and friend Nuno's at East Providence Yacht club just before christmas 2012
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

in replies to other questions yes it was basically free, i traded some other things i got free for it, i dont know if thats the proper place for outriggers, it does has sliding salon doors but their wood/glass with wood on either side like a silverton 34c if i post my hull id can someone tell me more about my new to me boat?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Thats a Trojan F-32 Sportfisherman For sure . It had a open salon when built . and that looks like the flybrige it came with . The bridge is different the the more common sedan
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

great info, i walked back and forth from my friends to mine and couldnt figure it out. It will be a enclosed salon from now on, but will be redone with teardropped side windows and the doors recessed some from where they are now. I also plan on having a transom door cut and new oversized swim platform made. I like how the helm is all the way forward better
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

the bridge is original and the helm is indeed supposed to be forward w/ out the standard seat. if you look at the brochure that summer storm downloaded, you will see that it is indeed the correct configuration.
keep us posted on the retrofit.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

where can i see this brochure, interested in learning as much as I can. I have the title with me today the hull id is TRJ0261173322
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

Congrats!! Hey You can not beat FREE!

Boat doesnt look bad!
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

K4282 wrote:where can i see this brochure, interested in learning as much as I can. I have the title with me today the hull id is TRJ0261173322
i should have said, ''copy of flyer'' that is posted on this thread by summer storm.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com