Any 36 Tri/Flybridge owners out there? Few questions.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

WolfProperties

Any 36 Tri/Flybridge owners out there? Few questions.

Post by WolfProperties »

My wife and I purchased a 36 tri-cabin with flybridge recently. We love the boat, but want to make a few changes.

To me, the AC is underpowered. My salon doesn't cool down up high. My AC units arent positioned the same as the regular tri cabins.

I do want to add a large fridge. My smaller one was replaced and the new one works ok, but it doesnt have any freezer space. Since I have a stove where the new one would go, I have to do some cabinet remodelling.

Lastly, all of my window tracks are rotted out or just gone. The windows move and are difficult to slide. I contacted a company about making replacements, but does anyone have any advice?

Thanks is advance for the responses!

Alex
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

window tracks

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

Try John at Beacon Marine for the window tracks. He might be able to tell you what to do or have parts or even something to substitute that works well. See the number at the top of the forum page. He has helped me many times.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
Coralkong
Sporadic User

Post by Coralkong »

What year?

Are you sure the AC is clean? Years of grime can do a number on it's efficiency....
nitro115

Post by nitro115 »

Agree with Coralkong. I've cleaned my coils and filters, charged the units (one was a bit low) and it did a miracle to them. Even in the hottest summer the salon's temp was around 73 degrees, but occasionally it went up to 75, when we were going in and out a lot.
1983 Trojan Tri Cabin
WolfProperties

Post by WolfProperties »

Its a 76. I cleaned the one coil I could find, but I cant locate any filters. Can someone point me the right way?
1976 Trojan Tri Cabin Flybridge
Wahoo!
Grand Haven, MI
nitro115

Post by nitro115 »

My filters are located where the two returns are: in the wall and on the side of the steps, behind the louvers/vents. They're made out of aluminum, kind of hard mesh. They were nasty and clogged up pretty well.
1983 Trojan Tri Cabin
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Wolf,

I junked my old air conditioning system this spring. Then I went out and purchased two new 9000 btu portable house air conditioners on wheels, from NewAir. I placed one to cool the salon, just inside the cupboard directly across from the front bathroom door, just where you step down toward the V-bunks. I vented this portable air conditioner straight out thru one of the bilge ventilation grills. Works super. Just open the cupboard door and the cold air is directed into the salon.

I put the second portable air conditioner underneath the rear ladder leading down from the back deck into the back bedroom. It was vented, once again, directly outside thru one of the bilge ventilation grills. They are working great.

The problem I created though, is that I used to have a second fridge located in that particular front cupboard where I placed the first air conditioner.
Now I'm down to one fridge and a cooler, but surviving.

Window tracks should be a cinch for you, since Beacon marine actually stocks that particular product. Problem is though, Beacon Marine has NEVER EVER once answered my voice mails or emails.... NEVER. Good luck!

Congrats on a great boat. Great configuration that was never really duplicated.
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters