Heading out

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

tsawyer
Sporadic User

Heading out

Post by tsawyer »

For those of you up north, it was mid 80s here today. I worked most of the day but my son kept texting me about taking the boat out. So this was about sunset out of Hillsboro Inlet near my home in Pompano Beach, Fl ( Fort Lauderdale ).

We ran out to the sea bouy and came back in, rode around the intracoastal waterway for a bit, stopped for dinner and a couple of rum runners (rum floater included of course) and headed home.

It is nice having a 15 year old to drive me around. :D

Tom Sawyer
Rum Floater
1988 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
alexander38
Ultimate User

Re: Heading out

Post by alexander38 »

Nice way to end the day !....O one last thing on that 80 degree day ...**** U and the boat you rode in on... :mrgreen: ...Our spring is a coming !
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
koviak
Moderate User

Post by koviak »

Looks beautiful out! Me and and the wife will be down that way in april (11-15),staying at pier 66 marina.
Dennis
1989 10 Meter Mid-Cabin
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

Hey Dennis, If he was a nice guy he would arrange a boat ride for you so you could try to eaze that itch! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
tsawyer
Sporadic User

Post by tsawyer »

Allen Sr wrote:Hey Dennis, If he was a nice guy he would arrange a boat ride for you so you could try to eaze that itch! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd love too, but I'm a tax pro who is already working 7 days a week until our April 15th tax filing deadline. That last week of our filing season is a bitch with no time for fun.

Pier 66 is a nice place and overlooks Port Everglades which is the inlet south of the one in my picture. All the cruise ships come in early and depart between 4 and 7 PM. Most of the activity is on Saturday and Sunday. It's fun to watch if you have a high room balcony.

Btw if anyone has a US tax problem or question, I'd be happy to give back to the group in an area I'm far more qualified in than boating. PM me if you have a question you don't want to discuss in public.

Tom
Tom Sawyer
Rum Floater
1988 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
koviak
Moderate User

Post by koviak »

I know you are busy this time of year with taxes, we had already planned on the watertaxi service to get around.We are staying at the marina (2)story bld.
Have a tax question, how do I get back all that they take? Actually talking about moving south to save money as Maryland taxes are increasing steadily.
Possibly see you there for a rum runner and boat talk (no tax talk).
Dennis
1989 10 Meter Mid-Cabin
tsawyer
Sporadic User

Post by tsawyer »

koviak wrote:I know you are busy this time of year with taxes, we had already planned on the watertaxi service to get around.We are staying at the marina (2)story bld.
Have a tax question, how do I get back all that they take? Actually talking about moving south to save money as Maryland taxes are increasing steadily.
Possibly see you there for a rum runner and boat talk (no tax talk).
We have no personal income taxes here in Florida. We also have 12 months per year of boating season.

What more could you ask for?
Tom Sawyer
Rum Floater
1988 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Fort Lauderdale, Florida