''new" F-32 owner in middle river,md would love some he

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

''new" F-32 owner in middle river,md would love some he

Post by aaronbocknek »

good morning fellow trojan owners. i come from a family that had a 1972 F-36 tri cabin from april 1972 until march of 2008. she was shipped to san diego about 15 years ago when my dad relocated out there but when he moved back in march, she stayed there..... i always thought i would get her and was quite sad at the loss of my beloved tri cabin. so, i began my search to start my own legacy. after a disasterous sea trial on a 30' sea ray sundancer in early sept, i resolved myself to the fact that i would have to wait longer than i wanted for a boat. well, as luck would have it, i discovered a 1976 f-32 for sale at one of the marinas near by. i took one look and instantly fell in love with her. not sure why, because i've seen other f-32's before, but i SWEAR she 'spoke' to me. once aboard, i felt safe and secure and she looked like she just rolled off the line in lancaster. every inch of her was spit and polished. hell, even the engines looked clean enough to eat off of!! she was surveyed on 23 sept by a gentleman who used to work for trojan and said, ''she is with out a doubt the finest example i have seen a very long time.'' minimal 'moisture levels', all bulkheads and stringers free of rot, and a solid deck. so, now with my new boat, i have the task of winterizing her ahead of me. if i supply the food and drink, might it be possible to obtain some assistance from my fellow trojan owners in the baltimore/middle river area with winterizing her? i have not done this in almost 20 years and to be frank, im spooked that i will do something wrong or miss something. i will gladly assist on your vessel as well. i just need some personal hands on instruction. i want to post pictures of her, but have yet to figure out how. i am so proud of her....now i only hope my boston terrier will like her too!! let me hear from you all, feel free to email me at tovyah@aol.com my name is aaron, and i will be renaming her EVENT HORIZON.
take care folks, sorry for the long post, but im so excited i cannot contain myself. [/b]
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Aaron, welcome aboard!

I live in MD but keep our boat on the lower Potomac river in Virginia.
Don't winterize your boat just yet... :roll: Rockfish season is just heating up for the fall! :D Get the fishing gear out and I'll come on up. :wink:

You have a great boat and there are a lot of folks here who will help you along...would love to see some pics and get some info on your power plants and options you have.

Good luck.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Aaron ...congrats on your new boat. I just bought a F32 a couple months back. If you don't mind me asking, what Marina did you get her from>? I looked at a number of F32s all around that area. There's allot of nice ones for sale. I stop by Hart/Miller Island every weekend and there's always a couple of them there.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Hey LSP, not to get off track with the subject but I see you finally have an anchor on B/E...Nice!

I actually thought that Aaron might have been you 'cause I recently discovered you were on the same river with the same year F32...

Small world.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders

-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Sure is....The broker I bought my boat from had a couple more 76s he was selling. That's why I was curious where Aaron got his from.
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Striper .... I shoulda looked at you e/m address first. It would have made it much simpler when trying to figure out who you were on BE.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

LSP, yeah...I've been on there for quite a few years now. Great site and the NBR forum is a lot of fun...crazy at times but well worth it.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders