Twin AMC 327's

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

kjlake

Twin AMC 327's

Post by kjlake »

I am a wooden boat guy and recently purchased a 1966 31' with twin AMC 327's with very little hours. I actually needed a motors but was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the boat. The question is, just how far does one go with a boat with these motors? It seems like people love the 289's but these 327's don't seem as desirable. What to do???
Commissionpoint
Active User

Re: Twin AMC 327's

Post by Commissionpoint »

You run it until it doesn't run anymore and think about what you are going to do when that day comes while you enjoy using it.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
jblack1036

Post by jblack1036 »

kjlake wrote:I am a wooden boat guy and recently purchased a 1966 31' with twin AMC 327's with very little hours. I actually needed a motors but was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the boat. The question is, just how far does one go with a boat with these motors? It seems like people love the 289's but these 327's don't seem as desirable. What to do???
kjlake,

I too have an old wooden cruiser. it's a 1965 31 foot trojan sea breeze with a single AMC 327. Mine has 1161 hours on it but runs very well and strong. Although it has develped a little bit of a temp issue as of late. If it's any constallation, I've been told that these old motors are bullit proof and very good engines if kept up and running right. But I will tell you that parts for these old engines are getting hard to find. I'm contemplating a re-power myself but really hate to do that because it does run well other than the heat.

Is there anything wrong with them now??? If you do decide to swap them out, I'd be intrested in parts if you were willing to part them out or even a whole engine. But that's dependant on where you are located.....shipping could get expensive...

We all would love to see pictures of the boat.....
Jim Black
31' 1965 Trojan Sea Breeze (Wiskey Girl)
29' 1974 Caver Monterey (Rough -N- Ready)
kjlake

Post by kjlake »

I really am still undecided on the boat as I have to pick my projects wisely. Still hoping the light goes on and I say "Bingo" that's what I'll do!!! Here is a pic and inside is really clean!!!
outside kids small.jpg
outside kids small.jpg (100.7 KiB) Viewed 4963 times
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

SWEET KEEP IT GOING WITH LOVE AND CARE TLC
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!
jblack1036

Post by jblack1036 »

kjlake wrote:I really am still undecided on the boat as I have to pick my projects wisely. Still hoping the light goes on and I say "Bingo" that's what I'll do!!! Here is a pic and inside is really clean!!!
outside kids small.jpg

More pics, more pics.....Love to see more of these old girls.......

Definantly has the "Red, White, and Blue" theme......

Jim
Jim Black
31' 1965 Trojan Sea Breeze (Wiskey Girl)
29' 1974 Caver Monterey (Rough -N- Ready)
kjlake

Post by kjlake »

She does look good, that is my problem!!! I really was just looking for a motor for another woodie. With a pile of kids I have priorities and deciding what to do with her hasn't been easy. It was suppose to be a beat up old boat lol!!!
Attachments
inside1.jpg
inside1.jpg (22.16 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
cockpit.jpg
cockpit.jpg (28.15 KiB) Viewed 4933 times