Does anyone know the shipping height

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Hardeight

Does anyone know the shipping height

Post by Hardeight »

Does anyone know the shipping height on an 88 mid cabin express?
Bill
Hard Eight
88 mid cabin express
east coast North Carolina.
jaahmez@hotmail.com

Re: Does anyone know the shipping height

Post by jaahmez@hotmail.com »

Bill,
I don't think it's quite 11 feet, but if it's a run of more than in the neighborhood, the arch and at least the electronics should come down as they really get some sway to them at highway speeds and can start some other trouble. I've had more than my fair share of transporters show up with shattered stuff up there because a few hundred bucks wasn't spent up front to ship it over land properly. Good luck.

James Wallace
Hardeight

Re: Does anyone know the shipping height

Post by Hardeight »

Thanks James. I found an 88 with 110 hours on the motors ( since rebuild ), new AC and hot water heater. The generator is 2 years old and I got her for a great price. She needs some new electronics but overall is in great shape. I am having a survey done in 10 days - I want to be there. If it all goes well, I hope to have her transported the week of Aug 5th. Is there anything I can do to protect the arch as opposed to removing it? How hard is it to remove? - I will need some instructions.... LOL.... You know you have been a lot of help.... I hope you sell yours or hang on to it and we will hook up sometime.
Bill
Hard Eight
88 mid cabin express
east coast North Carolina.