My first Trojan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

wetbuoy

My first Trojan

Post by wetbuoy »

Well I finally got my 79/80 F28 transported, launched, reassembled, and underway to her new home in Prescott, Ontario via Kingston and the 1000 Islands. right away had a problem with #2 not running under load and finally traced it to a poor points gap. Had to go on one engine for 30 miles or so right through the middle of the big poker run; good view though.
So now we have slept on board, eaten on board, hosted a small party, been birthday suit swimming off the back, inspected the underwater gear with my mask and fins and handed out Trojan rubbers to everyone for souvenirs. For some reason that embarrassed my wife...go figure. Now that I've spent a weeks holiday with my head everywhere it will fit, I can finally say...I LOVE THIS BOAT!!!! She puts my 2 year old 240 Sea Ray to shame. And she's turned heads everywhere we've been so far.
Did I say I love this boat?
1980 F28 flybridge
2x 305 Mercruiser
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: My first Trojan

Post by P-Dogg »

Did I say I love this boat?
May that feeling never go away. Congrats.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

mazel tov on the purchase and welcome to the forum. of course, we want pics. well, not necessarily 'those' pics, but pics of the boat and interior...... yeah, we love pics here. as for your first party and the 'favors' you passed out, all i can say that was one of the most unique ways of promoting the brand. i like it. then again, i'm sort of left of center anyway. so tell us about the party and why and how you came across this fine vessel. now you know why we are one of the most brand loyal group out there. again, mazel tov/congrats!!
tri cabin aaron, baltimore, md.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Hardeight

Post by Hardeight »

Congrats on the new boat, just got mine too this past Friday...... I love mine too... but I got issues too.... LOL,,,, Like the Trojan condoms idea. I am suppose to Christen mine in 10 days with friends coming - I may use that..... that is if I can get the Tranny to work right.....
Bill
Hard Eight
88 mid cabin express
east coast North Carolina.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Hardeight wrote:Congrats on the new boat, just got mine too this past Friday...... I love mine too... but I got issues too.... LOL,,,, Like the Trojan condoms idea. I am suppose to Christen mine in 10 days with friends coming - I may use that..... that is if I can get the Tranny to work right.....
bill, if the name of your vessel is what i think it is, then you have GOT to do the 'party favor' thing. it's too easy NOT to. :D :wink:
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Hardeight

Post by Hardeight »

Yes the name of my boat is the Hard Eight........ the story goes I love to play craps, hard eight is my favorite bet, buying a boat is a crap shoot, she is a 1988 and the hull number had 5 "8's in it. Plus the surveyor said the hull was as hard as a rock....... So she is the only Documented Hard Eight on record...... wont the women be disappointed .... LOL>...... but Party favors and a great idea.... I am having tranny issues that may effect the Labor Day Christening festivities. The next couple of days will tell....
Bill
Hard Eight
88 mid cabin express
east coast North Carolina.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Hardeight wrote:Yes the name of my boat is the Hard Eight........ the story goes I love to play craps, hard eight is my favorite bet, buying a boat is a crap shoot, she is a 1988 and the hull number had 5 "8's in it. Plus the surveyor said the hull was as hard as a rock....... So she is the only Documented Hard Eight on record...... wont the women be disappointed .... LOL>...... but Party favors and a great idea.... I am having tranny issues that may effect the Labor Day Christening festivities. The next couple of days will tell....
the with a vessel name of HARD EIGHT you HAVE to pass out the trojans. it will make for great conversation. as for the tranny issues, i posted something on that thread again. eventually it will work it's way through. a rough start yes, but, it will get resolved.
you've got a great boat, and she will provide many hours/years of enjoyment for you.
aaron
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Congrats. We love photos! not of skinny dipping, the boat. :D
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
pnmudge

Post by pnmudge »

I'm always excited to see another F28 on here :) Ours is a '76 in Vancouver :)

congrats!
F-28 1976
twin 318 Chrysler
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Welcome fellow F28er, and happy to see more of these. Interesting you referred to points. I started working on a 77 F28 which is, sorry to say, going to be disposed of , and now have running 78 F28. Both had electronic Chrysler ignitions. I assumed points were gone by then but Trojan may have used them both ways.

In any case welcome aboard, Any questions on the F28 will be glad to help I have gathered a fair amount of information and experience with the boat, at least mechanically. :D
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
wetbuoy

Post by wetbuoy »

Will post some photos as soon as I get my head out of the bilges and take some; not much in there worth a photo. A new question though, before getting this F28, I looked at a wooden 31 with a very cool dual style timing light instrument to aid in synching both engines. Each engine had a flashing semicircle forming a full circle when exactly matched. I'm intrigued with it and looking for more info or even what they're called.
Cheers to all,
Wetbuoy Steve
1980 F28 flybridge
2x 305 Mercruiser
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

did it look like this? if so, this is one of the original judson twin engine synchronizers. we had one on BUBALA 3 and i absolutely loved it. was totally enthralled with the split spheres that used neon to light up. top one was port, bottom one was starboard and when the engines were in sync, it formed a solid red/orange ball of light. i would LOVE to have one of these babies on my tri cabin, but i've hunted since 2010 for one. i have the guest micro, and i have to admit, she worked like a champ today and on my previous outings. phil even got the hang of it.
Attachments
Judsonenginesynchronizer-1-1.jpg
Judsonenginesynchronizer-1-1.jpg (78.28 KiB) Viewed 7769 times
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
wetbuoy

Post by wetbuoy »

Yes! Aaron I think that must be it. Thanks a ton; at least now i know what to look for. Glad to hear you liked it as well, it seems like the coolest thing since "sharks with laser beams"...now I just have start scouring the earth to find one. Gotta have one. Thanks again, Wetbuoy Steve
1980 F28 flybridge
2x 305 Mercruiser
Bajan's Gal

Post by Bajan's Gal »

I have one of those Jutson syncs. However the bracket is missing. I do not know if it works as it came off a 1972 30' fly bridge express that the guy was scraping and he sold me the instruments as they were better than the ones on my 36 tori cabin. If you want it it is yours.
Let me know.