Toronto Boat Show

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Away On Busine$$
Moderate User

Toronto Boat Show

Post by Away On Busine$$ »

Spring is around the corner! Show starts tomorrow. Gonna spend some money! Yeh!
Season is short, we make the best of it.
Paul
Active User

Re: Toronto Boat Show

Post by Paul »

I've never been to this show. I'll be in Toronto next weekend and am hoping to go to the show Saturday evening.
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

Double post. Oops :oops:
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
TC
Sporadic User

Post by TC »

Saturday morning will find us at the gate waiting for the gun to go off.
1989 F-32
Penetang,
Georgian Bay
blair

Post by blair »

Waiting for all the Lookie Lous to go one the weekend and will be attending on Monday. It was a zoo on opening day last year.
Blair
1979 Trojan Tricabin with twin 255 Mercs
11' Inflatable dingy with 4 Hp merc
On the Trent canal system at Young's Point , Clear Lake, Ontario
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

blair wrote:Waiting for all the Lookie Lous to go one the weekend and will be attending on Monday. It was a zoo on opening day last year.
generally that's why i attend the annapolis powerboat show on VIP day. expensive yes. not very crowded, PRICELESS. i may try to go to the small baltimore boat show on the 25th of this month. that is if i want to skip my krav maga class. maybe i can try to squeeze both in.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Happy Ours

Post by Happy Ours »

blair wrote:Waiting for all the Lookie Lous to go one the weekend and will be attending on Monday. It was a zoo on opening day last year.
Thats why i am going on Wednesday, Hey Blair I have your old spot at Sturgeon Lake marine next to Bill Neville, Bill and I will be going on wednesday, be great if you could join us, also if anyone knows of a decent F32 for sale southern ontario please let me know, thanks Craig Have a great day
1977 F32
1975 F26 sold
AT Young's Point in the Kawartha Lakes on the
Trent Severn Waterway
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Where does the show take place in Toronto?
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
Happy Ours

Post by Happy Ours »

it's at the direct energy centre, the direct energy centre is on the grounds where they hold the canadian national exhibition
1977 F32
1975 F26 sold
Trent Severn Waterway
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

I haven't ever made the effort to get to the Toronto boat show. What do you guys like about it best? I mean, do you go there to purchase stuff at a discount, see the new technology or is it just fun to be around boats and boaters during the winter months? If I sound like a humbug, I don't mean to.

I'm flying into Ottawa International later today and it's actually above freezing. Yaeeee.

Maybe on Tuesday morning I should hop on the train to Toronto, grab a cab over to the boat show for the day and then come home on the last train first class (food and drinks)

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
blair

Post by blair »

Hey Happyours, I hope you enjoy the slip. I really liked the location and the neighbours, but the owner was a bit of a trip! World of difference at the new place.. :D
Let me see if I can push it back to Wed. It would be great to meet up and see Bill again. The things he doesn't know about anything marine have not been discovered yet. Pass on my regards if we can't swing it.

rickalan - We like to go and see if we "need" anything on display. The prices of stuff is marginally cheaper, but not by much. It's also a nice way to get ready for our short season. My wife told me the other day that she's getting "boatitis", in that she is looking forward to launch date...could I ask for anything more :D
We mark time after haul out like this...Christmas - Boat Show - Panama Trip - Launch Date, so it's an event, for us.
Blair
1979 Trojan Tricabin with twin 255 Mercs
11' Inflatable dingy with 4 Hp merc
On the Trent canal system at Young's Point , Clear Lake, Ontario
Happy Ours

Post by Happy Ours »

Hi Blair, the marina spot is great and location is very good, great view, great neighbours and best of all it is only 40 minutes from home, your right the owner has a bit to learn about customer serivce and well i need not say more, Bill filled me in on what went down with you there, and i would off done the same as you, there is a allot of marines up in the kawarthas and on the trent to pick from, i was at reach harbour before sturgeon lake, nice spot but not alot of boating except for deer bay, sturgeon lake as you know has miles of boating without going thru any locks, that would be great if you could join us wednesday for the show, our wifes are working so its just bill and me, we are going down for about 11:00 a.m. i think it opens then, i need to look for a new bow bilge and joy stick for trim tabs actually i want toggles for the tabs not the joy sticks and see what else there is i could use, not sure what or if bill is looking for anything, i will watch the forum and see if you can make it, i will give your best to bill

Craig
1977 F32
1975 F26 sold
Trent Severn Waterway
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

I was at the show today. Pretty good, though not as many big boats as in years past. If it's under 36' - 40' the wife and I have little interest in looking as there is probably less space than in our F32. We also watched the wakeboard show at the Lake today. I can only get into that so much, but some of those jumps ..... my body hurt just watching! When you are 20' in the air and land on your face..... it's gotta hurt!

Something new this year - wine and beer sold throughout the boat display area. And you can walk around the building with it as well! Not just confined to the Henry's restaurant area anymore. In general they frown on you climbing aboard a boat with bevvy in hand, but I did see a deck boat vendor who didn't really care... one of their boats was lit up with a crapload of blue LEDs under the bimini, stereo blasting, and about a dozen people 'on board' chugging back beers.

Then there was the big group of Georgina Bay boaters... about 10 people huddled around two tables, about 30 empties on the tables... real boaters!

My favourites : Sea Ray had a 51 Sundancer that was interesting (but the 1.4Mil price tag wasn't), Cruisers had a 45 Cantius (under a Mil, as I understand), and Meridian had a 441 that had some promise ($780K). Carver had a couple of flybridge models there and a Marquis, but I am just not a big enough fan of the brand to waste time in line waiting to get on one.

Oh... and what I really want (if Santa is watching listening for next year) - a Gibbs Quadski. Amphibious 4 wheel ATV! A cross between an ATV, and a jet ski.
http://www.gibbssports.com/

Oh well... at least I picked up a couple of new dock lines for cheaper than usual....
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Did they have them at the show? Wonder how much$$
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Big D wrote:Did they have them at the show? Wonder how much$$
The Quadski? Yup - they had one standing on its wheels, and another on a platform with the wheels retracted. I didn't have the guts to ask how much, but a couple of web sites that pop up if I google it say pricing starts around $40K!