F-44 Convertibe Sedan - Curiosity

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F-44 Convertibe Sedan - Curiosity

Post by prowlersfish »

Its no Egg wrong hull lines . the hull lines are a lot like the F44 , but the super structure is not Trojan .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

So how are we going to find out?
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

This has been interesting for me as I never knew there were so many different builders of sportfish type boats---- from looking at lots of pics that boat looks like a cross between the Trojan hull and a Post house section with the shear lines about the same and the flat front deck---- a question ,is it not possible for that to be a Trojan hull finished by another boat builder ?----seems like there are no in hull ports in almost all of the 40' plus sportfish type boats ,not sure why maybe safety??----- Mike
297Elegante
Sporadic User

Post by 297Elegante »

This has me interested too. A couple of things that others pointed out but don't look like the F44 in the ad.

- Flybridge helm not tournament style. Seems like a lot of work for someone to takes tournament style bridge (like the F32, F36 and F44 have) and make it set up at the very front of the bridge.
- Cabin layout has a galley up starboard and steps adjacent. Down below it looks like some closets. The galley up F44 has it on the port side and a head on the starboard down the steps.
- Obviously the whole house appears to not match an F44 at all.

I'm curious of anyone tracks down what that boat truly is.
Boat: Silverton 34C T/270s, Gen