aquatemp ac compressor

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

HarleyNick

aquatemp ac compressor

Post by HarleyNick »

Hello, I have a aquatemp ac in my boat, its a 33ft Trojan. The fan turns on , you can feel air from the fan coming out of the vents and the water is coming out from the side of the boat,so I know its pumping the water. But the ac compressor is not turning on. I really need some help with this. Anyone have any ideas??
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: aquatemp ac compressor

Post by Moderator »

I moved your post to the Trojan boat forum as it boating related and more folks will see it .BTW Welcome to the forums .

I don't know the aquatemp system but I would look at connections on the pressure sensors/switches and relay ( relay clicking ?). And make sure you have a charge . Also make sure the thermostat is in the cold position .

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
HarleyNick

Post by HarleyNick »

Ok thank you. Very much
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

First as an old AC mechanic, do not at first drop assume the compressor is bad, that is a conclusion that many jump to even "trained" repairman. Usually the problem for any ac including marine, will be in the control or starting circuit.

But if your are not skilled at chasing down these issues, you may best leave it to a pro. Checks are simple but not for someone that does not have a volt/ohm meter nor understands the refrigeration system. :)
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
Ktmrider39

Post by Ktmrider39 »

Hello -- I had the same issue. Once I found out how much a mechanic wanted to even look at the AC I decided to do a little trouble shooting. I turned off the breakers and then removed the electric cover on the unit. I was excited to se it was only a bad wire running to capacitors. Since they were only $12.00 each I replaced both capacitors and replaced all wiring connectors to the capacitor. I used good quality connectors (no harbor freight) and the proper crimping tool. After about an hour of my "priceless labor" I reset the breakers and the AC compressor came alive! I'm not an electrician by any means. but on a 1-10 scale I would rate this a a 4 on the difficultly level. Mostly becaue I was too big to fit in the small area and a lack or lighting. Good luck and let us know how you make out.