Free Boat

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

horhay1946

Free Boat

Post by horhay1946 »

I was surfing through Searchtempest.com and I found this listing. This might be right up someones alley from the south. I dont think it would be worth moving

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/5072364730.html
1985 Mako 258 (One Owner)
1981 Trojan Tri Cabin

George
BarryL
Sporadic User

Re: Free Boat

Post by BarryL »

Just my .02

There is going to be more and more of these boats that people are willing to give away in Florida rather than have to pay to dispose of them.

Not sure how many people on the forum have been to Florida lately but if you cruise the canals in Fort Meyers, Cape Coral, Sarasota, or just about any other location down there the number boats sitting in the water or sitting on lifts that have been neglected is amazing. It's sad but the number of aging baby Boomers that have retired and either given up on boating or have become not able to boat is amazing. Every canal you go down has at least 20-30 % derelict boats for one reason or another. The sad part is that the Salt water and the neglect make most of the boats nonviable financially anymore.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any other locations that are seeing the same type of thing?

Barry
I love my boat! It takes all of my money and doesn't bitch.
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

I hope the hull on that tricabin is not in contact with the corner of that dock. If not, a small wake might do the job. Ouch.
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

i....i....i.... have no real words. for once was a lovely lady, who is now doomed to die a slow death. i actually shed a tear looking at the pic.....how very sad indeed.
Last edited by aaronbocknek on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

+++ oh very sad :(
Last edited by larryeddington on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

Wonder what would cost be to move it up here. Shame to let it go specially since floats . 2 previous owners gave up on my F25 and I got it to point where is in pretty decent shape . That's from someone who is not that mechanically inclined .
horhay1946

Post by horhay1946 »

There is one member of this forum that lives in the area and he may have more information on the tri cabin. I am in north west Florida and the driving distance is about a day and a half. It all because I have to make a hard right tern in the middle of the state. If you are looking for a very low cost or free Trojan use searchtempest.com, which searches all craig's lists within a specific distance from a zip code. That how I found this one and I found a couple of others for less that $3500. Depends on what floats you boat (pardon the pun).
1985 Mako 258 (One Owner)
1981 Trojan Tri Cabin

George
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

No such thing as a FREE boat .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Careful you are gradually succumbing to the free boat virus. Most of us have caught it or the variant cheap boat virus. :lol:
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
Lou

Post by Lou »

Being from Cape Coral myself, the market crash in 2007 hit pretty hard. Gas was over $4.00 at the wal-mart. Businesses closed up, people lived out of their means of income, houses became upside down in mortgages from the real estate boom in 2004/2006. Lot if people refinanced their house to pull the equity out. The canal I lived on had many neglected boats. It all looked good having a boat at the house dock. But no money to enjoy them.

I was one of the few who boated every weekend. I was asked how can I afford it many times. Three answers, 1. save money for your hobby, 2. No one boards the boat without paying their way, 3. I'm in the navy with steady income (I was the Navy Recruiter).

I do miss that place though.
1972 - Trojan F31
1981 - Grady White Sailfish 25
1988 - Wellcraft 2800 Express
1966 - Chris Craft 36'