1968 42' Trojan Sea Voyager Motor Yacht HELP !!!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Sorry about the bad News , I am going to say a few things to keep some one from the same mistakes

First Survey survey survey .

second your not sealing wood just by coating the outside .

third to coat the hull with rot doc or epoxy or what ever you need to take it to bare wood and should have seen the rot and bondo . Not that I would recommend just coating the outside and imposable to do inside and out on a old boat with out major disassembly .

Don't believe all the claims you read , about rot fixes
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Sorry to hear it.

Maybe you can give it away, and find a better (even free) project to put your newly rebuilt engines in at http://www.boneyardboats.com/

Heres a FREE Matthews for example:

Best of luck ...
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
MargAnnIII

Post by MargAnnIII »

:(

So so sorry ... seems so many of this age and vintage are suffering from the same diseases and outcome ... I agree with earlier posters regarding surveys - good advice and also another eye to what and how much work actually lies ahead.
It is always difficult to put something to rest when you have so much of yourself invested ... perhaps there is someone out there who has the time and backing to do the work, however it sounds like she is unfortunately, near the end of her time.

All the best ...
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Just read the posts and at first was hopeful when I started at the top of the list. My initial thought was " DONT USE EPOXY TO COVER OVER THE WOOD" and thought about the beautiful 66 Egg Harbor woodie in our marina that's in pristine condition - maintained every year and "soaked" for a couple of weeks when launched in the spring to swell the wood hull. But, then I caught up to the outcome, and I can only reinforce what's been said previously - ALWAYS get a reputable survey on any boat - but especially one this size and this age, and parting out isn't always a bad thing - if it provides life to other oldies but goodies out there. Maybe Bob at Beacon Marine could have some leads??
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"