New Owner With A Question

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gjrylands
Moderate User

Post by gjrylands »

It's alwas a good feeling to get home after a long trip.

If you make it to Chicago, look me up. I'm in Burnham Harbor slip P11.
Gerry
1979 F36 Twin Chryler 440's
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Gerry -

We are definitely planning to come to Chicago this summer sometime, and I will find your slip and say hello. Thanks for the invite.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

South Haven

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

We are in South Haven just about 30 miles north of New Buffalo. They have a nice Harbor in New Buffalo though. Look us up sometime.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Wow TADTOOMUCH -

We spent Saturday night in South Haven at the Municipal Marina - the first one on the starboard side as you enter the river. I wish I had known that you were there. We ate at a really nice little bar but I can't remember the name of it. I remember we had to go down a set of wooden steps to get to it and there were a number of other businesses there. The name Harbor Inn comes to mind but maybe that was an adjacent business.

Quite a party atmosphere that night. We left at 7am the next day for the final trip to Michigan City. We definitely plan to be back at South Haven!
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

South Haven

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

I am up stream of the drawbridge in South Haven. Yes the bar you are mentioning is fun. We like the small town atmosphere and the abundance of fun places to eat and drink. Walking to most everything is not too far so you can party and walk or crawl back to the boat.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
gjrylands
Moderate User

Post by gjrylands »

Michigan is very boater friendly state. Their municipal harbor system is excellent. Transient boaters are welcomed and local economies rely on the money that is injected into the communities. I have traveled the Michigan shores of Lake Michigan extensively and have never been turned away from a municipal marina without the harbor master doing everything he could to find accommodations for the boat. I have had them call private marinas checking to see if they had any space available. If not he found a spot on a wall or told us where we could safely anchor. One even went above and beyond by locating a repair part I needed and then loaning me his car so I could pick it up.

In Chicago, few people would loan their car to a perfect stranger. They might offer to drive, but they don’t give you the car. At least the people I know.
Gerry
1979 F36 Twin Chryler 440's