Ignition part

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JPP

Ignition part

Post by JPP »

I am looking for an ignition module (ECU) wire harness for a 1976 318 CI Chrysler engine with electronic ignition. Can anyone help or direct me to a possible source. I will consider a used harness as well. THX JPP
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Ignition part

Post by larryeddington »

will look I think I have one, I put new distributor in and did away with it. It is the same one used in chrysler products of same year. Ii has a five pin plug that is held tight with central screw. In any case will check.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
jimcarriere

Post by jimcarriere »

That style wiring harness was used on virtually all Chrysler 6 and 8 cylinder engines in the 1970s. You could probably find a nice one in the nearest junkyard pick-n-pull (self serve or the kind where you ask the people in the office to get it for you, either/or). There were detail differences in ECUs and distributors, but the harness itself is nothing special and millions of them are out there.

Where are you located?
1978 F32
2× Chrysler 318
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

I have two of them and you can have them, both have the pigtailed plug. Will send them to you. Provide address.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink