Trojan Name Plate?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gjrylands
Moderate User

Trojan Name Plate?

Post by gjrylands »

Does anyone know what model and year used these Trojan Name Plates? They are about 16” long and 1 ½” wide. They are solid metal and chrome plated. They are fairly heavy, but I don’t know what they are made of. There is an attraction of the plate to a magnet so there is some iron in the metal, but it is not like it would be if it was steel.

I got these a long time ago from a boat graveyard. I put them on the side walls of my bridge on my last boat. I removed them when I glassed the bridge, put never re-installed them. To tell you the truth I forgot I had them, but came across them in a box of old parts from my 31’ Trojan. I know there some pretty rare birds. I’ve never seen another set. I’m thinking of having them re-chromed and put them on the walls of my F36. I would just like to know the history of them.

Gerry
1979 F36 Twin Chryler 440's
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

:arrow:
Last edited by alexander38 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

It looks like the 1959 logo shown on front page of this forum?

http://www.trojanboats.net/images/1959% ... 20Page.jpg
MAC32 "Fingers crossed for Flotation"
gjrylands
Moderate User

Post by gjrylands »

You nailed it!
That's the name plate. When I enlarged the photo you can see the name plate just below the port light.
How big do you think the boat is? 25'?
Never thought to look at the old ads. Looked like they used the name plate on the 1960 models also.
Gerry
1979 F36 Twin Chryler 440's