What did I miss?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stripermann2
Ultimate User

What did I miss?

Post by Stripermann2 »

Not sure what happened....

Yesterday's post by me was an OT post. While not boating related, I do appreciate the replies and thoughts of fellow boaters and friends here on TB.

To Don and Bob, please accept my apology if the post got out of hand somewhere down the line- I must have miss something which may have been posted later to offend someone? I see the post is now gone but I did ask that it not be turned into a bout.

Last night was an important night for many and sometimes, an off topic discussion is good for us all.

Thanks,

Jamie
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

I wonder if an off topic section which could include politics/ religion and other controversial topics could be set up (as many forums have) to give us a place to discuss things in our live with our friends here. I know it is difficult to moderate however there are those users who would volunteer to do just that. As an added bonus I feel It would drive more traffic here and that pays off well for the advertisers and in turn for the owners of the site.

I feel this would be the next level that this forum is ready to move to.

Finally I would like to thank Bob and Don for providing this forum to us.
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
Reely Hall'n

Post by Reely Hall'n »

You didn't miss much. I thoght it was a good topic for that day do to the fact that the election could effect all of us in the future.

Unfortunately one person did not like talking any politics on this sight. That person complained and Don and Bob removed the topics.

After being on and off this sight for over a year and a half I have never seen politics discussed before so that shows how important this election potentially could be.

I find it hard to believe that grown men who obviously all have a love for boating and who I am sure are proud Americans, could be censored for a few simple coments about one election. Censored only due to the winning of one member. (How Sad!)

It seems to me that on this sight there are a lot of you who are peronal friends. The way I saw it was a group of friends discussing a very important current event. None of you were pushing your policical views on me or any other member.

If it bothered one member so much, maybe they should not read that topic.
Don
1977 F30 w/twin 233 Merc Cruisers
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Since I didn't read what was posted, I can't comment on the content of the later posts.
As you mentioned Don, I felt it was a healthy discussion among adults. I wouldn't expect any bashing or personal attacks either.
Sorry it went south.

An OT discussion board would be a bonus to the forum.

...How about them Saints?!
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders

-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

I'd like to think we are all big boys here.......if you don't like the topic, don't read the post..............no harm no foul.............John
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

All I can say is Canada.
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

Reely Hall'n wrote:Censored only due to the winning of one member. (How Sad!)
well, that's the way america has been for a while now. it's called political correctness..and it's killing this nation. the majority are ruled by the minority and those with thin skins.

i didn't see what was written yesterday after the initial posts myself. i started to respond, but i got caught reading by my boss. hehe

anyhoos...welcome to ameriKa.
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

WOW I missed the post but I can tell what it was about. The OT Forum would be a great thing and a money maker charge to post and read it say 10,15,or 20 a year and give Trojan helmets under our handles to show our support. then if someone is offend they paid to do so. :cry:
larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Post by larglo »

I'm pretty sure I know the post that is causing all the trouble, and I think I made a reply to it.

You know, I don't want to offend anyone, or make them feel bad. So I was worried so much that I would, I didn't join any form's and didn't say much to anyone outside the family for fear of doing so.

In other words I felt like I had to walk on egg's around everyone for fear of offending them.

Well, that stopped about a year ago. I'm an individual and I have my own thoughts, belief's, and feelings. If I have something in my front yard at C'mas that someone doesn't like, then they don't have look at it!

If I say something they don't like, then they can leave my presents. I feel I have as much right to express myself as the next person and if someone doesn't like it,,,,,,well as Clark Cable said in Gone With The Wind,,,,,I really don't give a dam!

Our government and country is going to hell just because of political correctness, and it has to stop

I hope this post is not deleted as one of mine was earlier!

Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
chauzer
Moderate User

Post by chauzer »

shame on you guys! :D :D
(the view from my pedestal is outstanding)! roflmao! :lol: :lol:
life is tough! it's even tougher if your stupid.
~john wayne~
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Go gett'em Larry. I'm with you I to am tried of the pc s*** that got us to this point!
Our country is in the shape it's in do the line of thinking the now runs it ! And.those who voted to put the far left in charge and spent over 2 trillon in 12 months have waken up the dumasses and now they see what we where saying 18 months ago. What hope and change meant. And I like you don't care if I piss anyone off! I paid for that RIGHT with 20 yrs of ture service and if one person doesn't like it so be it. Maybe they just don't get it! YET ! God bless the U.S.A ! And thank you for those who voted yesterday.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

We can always agree...to disagree. That's our God-given right.

Hopefully we can move on and put this behind us. Everyone here is an asset to one another, regardless of ruffled feathers!
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders

jav
Moderate User

Post by jav »

I think my reply was one of the last ones... can't remember the exact wording but if I offended anyone, my sincere apologies.

Not the intent at all.
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Gents .... I thought maybe Jamie removed his thread after the request of another member. I would hope that he didn't, but I really didn't think the post would be removed by the admin.

Many months ago a member mentioned that we all should make sure we fill it the subject when making a post. This would allow some, who choose not to, not read the topic if it didn't suite or interest them. This is exactly what was done with this topic. And for those of us who felt the urge to agree with Jamie ...or disagree had the option to.

This same member chose to read a topic that didn't interest him. He should had followed his own words and NOT READ IT.

It's great to belong to a forum where we all have opinions and can share them as we like. This is the first time that I've seen something removed and, I'm sorry, but don't agree with it.

It's been great that Don and Bob have been able to keep this forum going without funding. It's great they don't remove posts where links are posted that DO NOT support this site. It's great they allow links to other vendors goods be posted here instead of buying from them.

So, one political post, that's important to 95% of us ... and someone was not happy until it was removed....ignore my spelling ang grammer. just POed
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

alexander38 wrote:WOW I missed the post but I can tell what it was about. The OT Forum would be a great thing and a money maker charge to post and read it say 10,15,or 20 a year and give Trojan helmets under our handles to show our support. then if someone is offend they paid to do so. :cry:
great point! Has anyone, other then myself, tried to purchase the forum membership for the boat store? It showed as an invalid item and I'm still waiting on Don to straighten it. Yes .... I actually shop from the persons that pay for this site! and support the sponsors of this site! AND NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS TO CLICK ON A SPONSORS LINK.

http://www.trojanboats.net/store.html#m0c0p461271

Description
Do your bit to Support "our" Forum

The information contained here is invaluable -- 1000's of posts and replies on
virtually every aspect of Trojan Boat maintenance, restoration and repair. This is the
most comprehensive source of Trojan Boat information available. Its made even more
valuable because our brand is "orphaned" and we must rely on each other.

How much time have you saved by asking your questions here in this Forum?
At the very least, show your support by clicking on several sponsor links when you visit.
Let's all try to get into this habit. Thanks.
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md