Miss Kitty...Update

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rap55

Miss Kitty...Update

Post by rap55 »

Gulf crossing from Florida`s west coast to northern panhandle went well. No mechanical issues...No dinged prop`s but it was a very bumpy ride with 3ft. to 4.5s about 3 to 4 seconds apart from about 20mi. out and all the way to Apalachicola. Next issue is the fact that it looks as if we are not going to be able to bring her up the Chatahoochee river because of water levels. Less than 1ft. of water near Blountstown and been that way for sometime now. No big rain in sight!!!
Does anyone in the Apalachicola, Port St. Joe, Panama City, Pensacola area know of any private or resonable priced long term dockage. We wont be living aboard but probably aboard on weekends doing TLC.

Thank...Rick...F-36 / Miss Kitty
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Rick -

Sounds like you have made it a long way since I last heard from you when you had just gotten into Florida on the ICW. Apparently the trip across Florida went well too. Good deal.

Sounds like your gulf crossing was tolerable even if it was bumpy and that the F36 is doing a good job for you. Too bad about the low water on the Chatahoochie. I doubt there will be sufficient rainfall in the fall to do much in the way of water levels.

Don't know any mariners in that area that I could point you to.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
dollarbill

Supposed to get some good rains Monday and Tuesday

Post by dollarbill »

That should help you by next weekend maybe.

The Corps is letting a good amount of water out of Lanier right now. .. I can tell the difference every day.

What is you final stop?
rap55

Thanks Guy`s

Post by rap55 »

Dollarbill...Man that`s one clean Trojan you have...And we love tha name!!! Hope you are right on the water release from Lanier. The original plan was to bring her to Columbus / Phenix City or at least as far as Eufaula but with 0.83 inches of river at Blountstown it`s a no go. Eufaula would only be a 30min. car ride which would sure make it easy to get back and forth to work on her this winter. The Lockmaster @ Woodruff Dam said water flow would need to be 9500 cubic ft. per sec. or better. For some time now, It`s been around 4000. I think the rest of the river is do-able except for that one stretch. If the water does`nt show-up soon I guess we will try for Pensacola or something close to there. Where are you located? Sounds like you know the Hooch!
dollarbill

Take a look at St. Marks, Fla.

Post by dollarbill »

Shields Marina - (850) 925-6158 - Do not have firsthand storage experience but I know the area and the marina looks good. Walking distance to a couple of restaurants and the marina looks nice.

Only 30 minutes below Tallahassee also.

We did not get as much rain as was promised. Sorry. If we could just get everybody in Atlanta to flush their toilet all at once - that may help you out.

Thanks for the compliment on the Express. Teenage sons came up with the name.

I am looking for a Marine Trader Europa and will take it up to either Bainbridge or Eufalla so I have been scouting out places. Bainbridge has an airport right around the corner from the Marina which would be convenient for me.

St Mark's is intriguing though.

Was at Eufalla a month and a half ago and two trawlers has just made their way up from the Gulf, but that was before this last dry spell. We have not had any significant amount of rain in the Chattahoochee basin for a while.

Good luck... you probably are aware of cruisernet.net - if not that can be a good source of info on the Northern Gulf.

Good luck!!
sehord
Sporadic User

Post by sehord »

I'm in Panama City, and my dock only has one lift space, and is too shallow during the winter lows to risk it or I'd let you tie her up here for free :) But, if you are interested in Panama City area give em a call and I can see what rates are around for public/private. I know several people that have private slips now for around $150/ month, but don't know the commercial rates as I haven't checked them late. Email or call if I can help.....Steve (850) 215-4700 or steve@hord.com
A ship in a harbor is safe.... But that's not what ships were built for
dollarbill

Unscientific - just an observation

Post by dollarbill »

Unscientific - just an observation ... but it looks like you know somebody in Mobile.. cause they are letting the water out of Lanier. I noticed a difference from Sunday to this evening. Maybe the corps is expecting more rain and are letting it flow in advance.

Best of luck.
rap55

Post by rap55 »

NOAA weather is saying it will be after Feb. before we get enough rain to navigate the Apalachicola / Chattahoochee Rivers. With that said we will be going to plan (B) which is Pensacola. Should be pulling out of Apalachicola sunday, maybe monday. We`ll stay tuned.

Thanks, Rick - F-36 Miss Kitty
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

I enjoy reading about your journeys so please keep us posted.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin