F-36 Sliding Door Lock

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mdgpl

F-36 Sliding Door Lock

Post by mdgpl »

Anybody know where to find a sliding door lock mechanism for my 1973 F-36? It no longer moves without the assistance of a screwdriver (with the door open) which is not to handy when you need the door closed to lock it!
Thanks in advance.
1973 F-36 Light & Variable
Mitch
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

I bought a patio door lock

Post by Buckknekkid »

the rollers wear out on the botom of the door. I got so frustrated trying to find similar rollers that I decided to screw star board runners on to the bottom and onto the track. Works like a charm! heres some of the sanding and fairing we are doing on our 74 at http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/showth ... post129732 In post #13 you can see the lock up at the top of the door, which slides up into a hole in the upper track, wont bounce out and you cant lift the door to open the lock with out a key.
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD
jordan
Sporadic User

Post by jordan »

Hey Mitch,
I will be looking for one soon also. The marina in Chicago that winterized my boat lost the only set of keys to my slider. After that and other issues with the marina I don't want them fixing it. I will be doing it myself. Four more weeks and mine getting trucked to Lake Superior, can't wait! Let me know when you find one or I will let you know when I work on mine.
Jim
SHEGAVEIN (F-32)
Capt. Jim Jordan
obeejr
Sporadic User

Post by obeejr »

I can't say for sure on your model and year, but the sliding door hardware on my 1990 is all standard commercial door stuff. I ordered some off the Internet, and bought other items from my local locksmith.

You could also try John at Marine Tech.
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Genius!

Post by JuiceClark »

Buckknekkid,

I never would have thought to screw slippery starboard on the top on bottom instead of messin' with that damned hardware. Brilliant!!

The rest of my boat is pretty much made of starboard at this point...just one more use for all my scraps!!
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

Post by Buckknekkid »

I just got too frustrated trying to find the right size rollers, then when I finished the starboard I just about slammed the door it was so easy to move. We are going to sand and fair a little more this week. Its never ending, Im like you I have twice the value of my boat invested in it. New bimini coming friday, new A/C this year and more of course the wife wants a mini bar on the bridge now.
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD