Engine Synchronizer

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

BMILLER wrote:He told me he never and for me to never exceed 2400 rpm. The saga continues to build. :D

did he give a reason?
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

600.00 for a carb overhaul ?! Wow ! I got a serria re-man for 475.00 (1409's won't fit with the wedge in) I then found a place on E-bay you can get Q-jets for 275.00 and they work great... :wink:
and try carb cleaner when looking for a air leak, is there raw fuel being dumped down the primary bores ?
and even if a syc was installed you still haven't fix the problem, I'd go after that bad carb....and don't fight it I fought with one and I lost....replaced it and all was good. I think the PO's guy warped the thing.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
BMILLER
Sporadic User

Post by BMILLER »

I don't have the $$$ right now, but the 1409 and 1410 are available online (new) for about $360. The PO could have replaced them both for just a couple of dollars more and had a lot less trouble.................go figure. So far, I trust the techs working on my boat when I can't do the work myself. They haven't tried to sell me anything extra, allow me to watch them and answer all questions I ask...........so far so good. AND they haven't charged me a arm or leg. They also have given me "free" advice regarding other issues this boat has electrically and mechanically. They obviously want my future business and understand what cusomer service is...........but its off season, I'll see what happens mid summer. Some recommendations make sense, but will be too expensive for me at this time, so it goes on the Bucket List. Riight now I'm removing and replacing all the original Trojan nav light assy and replacing with new Attwood LEDs and new fabricated mounts.
1978 F-28
zdek

Post by zdek »

Riight now I'm removing and replacing all the original Trojan nav light assy and replacing with new Attwood LEDs and new fabricated mounts.
Wouldn't it be easier to use LED bulbs in the original Trojan light casings?

There's a website selling most bulb sizes as LEDs. I haven't used them, but was thinking of doing all of my cockpit lighting with LEDs to cut down on the draw and possibly add some additional here and there.

http://www.superbrightleds.com
1984 9M International
1995 Formula 419 SR1
Glastron Carlsons
BMILLER
Sporadic User

Post by BMILLER »

The original side lights had corrosion in the sockets quite badly (2 different bulb styles) and the lenses were very weathered and cracked as were the gaskets. The masthead/anchor light was jury rigged with hose clamps and duct tape and it too was badly weathered. The stern light is so corroded into the stern, I've just left it in place and mounted a new stern light on the rail. All are on pillar mounts. I figured I may as well replace them as opposed to trying to patch them up. The side light metal housings are good though. I'm more interested in functionality rather than keeping it a factory restoration. But I did consider what you mentioned.
1978 F-28
zdek

Post by zdek »

Wow! Looks like you don't really have an option.

We are spoiled here - freshwater and all of our boats are kept in covered slips out of the sun...

Needless to say, boats last for a very long time here.
1984 9M International
1995 Formula 419 SR1
Glastron Carlsons
BMILLER
Sporadic User

Post by BMILLER »

I'm on Texoma. As you know all freshwater, the boat was supposedly delivered to this lake many yrs ago and has always been in a covered slip. BUT, the POs obviously used it as a slip queen and really never performed any maintenance. Just kept adding radios (5) not counting the vhf, speakers (16), TVs and miles of poorly installed wires all on 28ft. Oh.........and flags................18 of them too. :D
1978 F-28
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

BMILLER wrote:Oh.........and flags................18 of them too. :D
We need pictures... 18 flags on a 28' :P
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
zdek

Post by zdek »

That's about how my boat was!!!

Back to the LED lights -

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/led.htm

These look real slick.
1984 9M International
1995 Formula 419 SR1
Glastron Carlsons
zdek

Post by zdek »

Also, check this out. I'm thinking about running some of these on my Formula.

http://store.innovativelight.com/led-su ... 9062_2.cfm#
1984 9M International
1995 Formula 419 SR1
Glastron Carlsons
BMILLER
Sporadic User

Post by BMILLER »

The thing probably lost a 1kn due to wind drag. The flags are looooong gone. I'm keeping one on the bow for wind direction indication. Found a long piece of teak in my lumber pile to build my masthead light mount. Will install it on Sat..........I hope :D
1978 F-28
rooferdave
Moderate User

Post by rooferdave »

On the high idle... could it be poor fuel filter/restriction causing it to run lean?
1976 Trojan 360 Flybridge needin a whole lotta luvin!