Anyone for a quick swim

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

carlywolf
Sporadic User

Anyone for a quick swim

Post by carlywolf »

Caught this off of Cocoa Beach yesterday in about 4 ft of water. This is the youngster hammerhead , papa and mama might be close. after i caught it bunch of people on the beach came and looked at it then ... i saw nobody in the water close to me :lol: [/url]
Classic 1977 F26 HT 5.7 MPFI 350 (330HP)
CLAS-SEA
Carl
carlywolf
Sporadic User

Post by carlywolf »

Having a problem posting pic[img][img]http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r60 ... /Shark.jpg[/img][/img]
CLAS-SEA
Carl
DOUBLE R
Sporadic User

Post by DOUBLE R »

hope you let him go.
MY CURENT FLEET

2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 ASHCRAFT 14' SKIFF
carlywolf
Sporadic User

Post by carlywolf »

Of course i did.. not into shark fishing . was fishing for sheephead, whiting and maybe a pompano or two. ribbon fish here took the reefs over this week so i figured surf fishing instead.
CLAS-SEA
Carl
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

looking to move to key west per the wifey, We are big striped bass fishers, guess I will be losing on that deal huh? I have salt life on my facebook. All I ever see is good fishing in florida, is it really that fun?
carlywolf
Sporadic User

Post by carlywolf »

Fishing is great here, never know what your gonna pull up.. great bass fishing in the canals too Lake ockechobee has bass that will shock ya how big they are. If your moving to Key West, two miles out or so your in deep deep water. Thats where the fun begins!! I lived in Miami for 20 years and i never ever got tired of deep sea fishing. Trust me Jeff , youll get hooked. Blue sky, blue water, cold beer.............
CLAS-SEA
Carl
LLCD

Post by LLCD »

Hey Carlywolf, do you know any coordinates where you used to fish when you were down here in miami? I have the boat in north bay village, where would you recommend for taking her out to go fishing?
LEO. C
1986 F27 EXPRESS
carlywolf
Sporadic User

Post by carlywolf »

Hey Leo
Not to familar with north miami beach but when i worked for Northwest Airlines in Miami we donated a 727 to the atrificial reefs commision in Ft Lauderdale. I believe its off of Dania beach not sure but friends of mine who have fished off of it said it was great fishing, That was around 1994 when the sunk it. Also if your familar with Key Biscayne there is an old row of stilt homes we used to call it Stiltsville might only be a frame or two there but 5 miles due east of there , not sure of coordinates
a row of sunkin old trawlers which made a great artificial reef. I think about 200 220 feet of water. Always brought in a boatload from there. And if you go out on a Sunday at Key Biscayne you can always stop at Sundays on the Bay and via boat and listen to reggae music and see more woman the you could shake a stick at ( i take it your a young guy)
I did most of my fishing out of Kings Bay Yacht and Country Club. My wife was the general manager there so benefits were great!! I would head south to Pacific Light and catch Sailfish, Kingfish and Groupers. Hope some of the info helps ya . Well lines tight Leo........

/
CLAS-SEA
Carl