TRI CABIN CHAPTER--TIME CAPSULE FROM 1972

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

TRI CABIN CHAPTER--TIME CAPSULE FROM 1972

Post by aaronbocknek »

while visiting mom and dad yesterday, i was given, for now, the album for bubala 3. everything from vessel mortgage, documentation certificate, and the original order invoice from 1972. there are tons of interior pics showing off her 1972 blue green wall coverings and the custom designed 'trojan gate leg table' (if any of you have this table and are looking to dispose of it, i will gladly give it a new home on ENTERPRISE). i also have all of the literature from walters v-drives. once i get these pics transferred to disk, i will upload them for all to see.
and dad loves that his boat could be in the book. full permission granted.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Sounds like a great resource and I'm looking forward to the photos.

Thanks Aaron and pass along our gratitude to your dad.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

k9th wrote:Sounds like a great resource and I'm looking forward to the photos.

Thanks Aaron and pass along our gratitude to your dad.
will do tim. he's very excited about this book. looking over all the sales data, it's almost like going back in time. i remember when a lot of this was written up. the list price for the boat at the washington armory boat show was 36K. with all the modifications and the teak trim, i believe that the final cost, delivered to taylor hatteras in edgewater, md was 32,600.
one of the nicest pics is of the teak swim platform which, in true shepherd boat yard fashion, has a dovetail piece that ties it into the spray rails. it's very classy and distinguishes the canadian boats from the yankee boats.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

well don't we all wish that we can still get a boat like that with all the modifications brand new for under 35k :) that would be awesome
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Vitaliy wrote:well don't we all wish that we can still get a boat like that with all the modifications brand new for under 35k :) that would be awesome
i'm not exactly sure how to do the math, but, in 1972, 32k was a lot of coin.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

well im going to simply base it on value of a standard car, in 72 a mustang was just over 5k fully loaded, which is about 30k now... so doing the math that would be,,, about.....about 200k foor that boat nowadays possibly a little more

im trying to pull up the inflation calculator but it wont load :(

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
1974 F36 Tri-Cabin "Jorallyn"
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

Very cool Aaron, my thanks to your dad as well.......looking forward to looking into YOUR past, might give us some insight into your passion, .....................John
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Re: TRI CABIN CHAPTER--TIME CAPSULE FROM 1972

Post by Vitaliy »

aaronbocknek wrote:while visiting mom and dad yesterday, i was given, for now, the album for bubala 3. everything from vessel mortgage, documentation certificate, and the original order invoice from 1972. there are tons of interior pics showing off her 1972 blue green wall coverings and the custom designed 'trojan gate leg table' (if any of you have this table and are looking to dispose of it, i will gladly give it a new home on ENTERPRISE). i also have all of the literature from walters v-drives. once i get these pics transferred to disk, i will upload them for all to see.
aaron
that table you are talking about, what does it look like? when i got my boat it came with a table that was stowed on the port side main cabin next to the head wall, it was calculable.

i had two of them and iif that's the same table and my wife still has that spare on in the storage unit if be more then happy to give it to you
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

based on the calculations of 449% inflation the value of that boat nowadays would be 178,421.89...that is if the price of materials and what not hasnt changed... and wages... so i wasnt to far off....
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Re: TRI CABIN CHAPTER--TIME CAPSULE FROM 1972

Post by aaronbocknek »

Vitaliy wrote:
aaronbocknek wrote:while visiting mom and dad yesterday, i was given, for now, the album for bubala 3. everything from vessel mortgage, documentation certificate, and the original order invoice from 1972. there are tons of interior pics showing off her 1972 blue green wall coverings and the custom designed 'trojan gate leg table' (if any of you have this table and are looking to dispose of it, i will gladly give it a new home on ENTERPRISE). i also have all of the literature from walters v-drives. once i get these pics transferred to disk, i will upload them for all to see.
aaron
that table you are talking about, what does it look like? when i got my boat it came with a table that was stowed on the port side main cabin next to the head wall, it was calculable.

i had two of them and iif that's the same table and my wife still has that spare on in the storage unit if be more then happy to give it to you
wow man, that would be great! the original table was indeed attached to the port forward bulkhead in the salon using metal latches. when the two table leaves are in the 'down' position, they are roughly 24"+- in width, and maybe just a little bit longer. there is a centre section that the table leaves hinge from and that is about 6 or 8 inches wide. when you want to use it as a an extra serving station for the galley, you fold up one of the table leaves exposing a 'gate leg' that retracts out. the 'gate legs' that face into the cabin when folded down are also held in place with metal latches. when in use, the table leaf(s) sit ontop of the extended 'gate leg' (s). to use as a dining table, you just lift both leaves and hinge out the 'gate legs'. does that sound like the table?
paul, would you mind taking charge of it until i can get it from you?

if you go to this link, click on photo 17 and 18, it shows the drop leaf gate leg table in the stowed and secured position.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1974/Tr ... ted-States

thanks again for your assistance in this matter. much appreciated.
aaron
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

Thanks Aaron. I have two latch bases in my salon that I have been trying to figure out what was there. Now I know,(I think). Apparently you could get those tables with the F36 (460 model) on special order option. Looking at the photos you supplied my latch bases are spaced about the same distance apart and about the same height off the deck. Now to locate one! :wink:
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

Allen Sr wrote:Thanks Aaron. I have two latch bases in my salon that I have been trying to figure out what was there. Now I know,(I think). Apparently you could get those tables with the F36 (460 model) on special order option. Looking at the photos you supplied my latch bases are spaced about the same distance apart and about the same height off the deck. Now to locate one! :wink:
If you guys can find one in good shape you could have some made. Maybe a member has a nice one in thier boat they would be willing to have used as a template. You could then have one made out of just about any wood or other material you could think of.

My dinette table, (The F32 style that drops down to make a bunk.) is the factory style, but has been updated by a PO to maple rather than the factory formica. Its heavy as hell compared to what the boat came with, but it looks geat. I don't see why you couldn't do something similar with the F36 table in question if you had a good one to use as a template to begin with.

Good luck guys.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

Ok so we are talking about the same table, the one that's located in the salon is in perfect condition however a very clumsy table to use.. it just doesn't seem like it "belongs" as its just simply uncomfortable to use

the one thats in the boat is still on the boat, just sitting there and by the looks of it hasn't been ever used more then a dozen times, the spare one that i have is in the storage and ill send an email to the wife to see if she can dig it out and your more then welcome to have it for free (that is if its still there, i just don't remember if i threw it out during the storage unit move)

http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewt ... ght=#48154

the two i have are like the ones in my pics from last year
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

Commissionpoint wrote:
Allen Sr wrote:Thanks Aaron. I have two latch bases in my salon that I have been trying to figure out what was there. Now I know,(I think). Apparently you could get those tables with the F36 (460 model) on special order option. Looking at the photos you supplied my latch bases are spaced about the same distance apart and about the same height off the deck. Now to locate one! :wink:
If you guys can find one in good shape you could have some made. Maybe a member has a nice one in thier boat they would be willing to have used as a template. You could then have one made out of just about any wood or other material you could think of.

My dinette table, (The F32 style that drops down to make a bunk.) is the factory style, but has been updated by a PO to maple rather than the factory formica. Its heavy as hell compared to what the boat came with, but it looks geat. I don't see why you couldn't do something similar with the F36 table in question if you had a good one to use as a template to begin with.

Good luck guys.
I have the dinette/berth conversion table already. What Aaron is talking about is like a drop leaf table that secures to the wall when not in use. I would like that for my salon. I do agree if someone else has one we could get a template off of that would be fantastic!
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
Bob Giaier
Sporadic User

Post by Bob Giaier »

I do have that table and I can probably make a drawing of it. It might take a few weeks only because of allot of things going on right now. I'll make it a point to measure it up.

Aaron, I'd really like to see the docs your putting together too. I have the original 73 tri cabin manual, but no brochures and all the other items you describe.