Frankenstorm

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

as of 8 am It is still a hurricane

http://www.wavy.com/subindex/weather/hurricane
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
~DarkNemesis~

Post by ~DarkNemesis~ »

Its looking like a real mess no matter what they call it.. wife just got called to pack her bags till tuesday. She will have to sleep in the comm center on a cott. Grrrr. I get to watch the 120 ft tall oak tree for 2 - 3 days. Oh well. It is what it is....
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Even though it was offshore it messed up the beaches here in lauderdale a bit and caused a lot of street flooding. The boat show continued on but was very slow Thursday and Friday. Good luck to all the members in Sandy's path and be safe.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

I got The Dog House ready this morning. Put the drain plug in, strapped the stern to the trailer, and tied the trailer to two trees. That way if it floods enough to float the boat it won't float off the trailer or downstream. We had a flood event with my old boat and it ended up about two feet over from where it was. It will take about 4 feet of flood waters to float my boat, so the odds are pretty low it will actually go anywhere. Always better safe than sorry though.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

The Dog House wrote:...strapped the stern to the trailer, and tied the trailer to two trees.....
:shock: geeze guys, hope this all blows over soon without any major issues. I've been through some scary weather over the years, and there's just nothing like the feeling of helplessness over something you just have no control over. It really is a terrible feeling. Crossing my fingers for you guys. Please keep me informed.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
~DarkNemesis~

Post by ~DarkNemesis~ »

Big D wrote:
The Dog House wrote:...strapped the stern to the trailer, and tied the trailer to two trees.....
:shock: geeze guys, hope this all blows over soon without any major issues. I've been through some scary weather over the years, and there's just nothing like the feeling of helplessness over something you just have no control over. It really is a terrible feeling. Crossing my fingers for you guys. Please keep me informed.
+1
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

I'm ready for it ,got the boats covered and purchased extra beer . If we go down I'm going down with a buzz
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

trojanmanXS wrote:I'm ready for it ,got the boats covered and purchased extra beer . If we go down I'm going down with a buzz
Just don't try to defend the boat(s) with that buzz.... or you may go down with 'em. Boats can be replaced (well, some can't... but lets not go there), but you - your family and your friends - definitely can't.

Fight the fight, but be sober enough to know when to walk away.

Good luck to all.

All I have to worry about is how much water leaks through the roof of the shed I am in, how much that F's up my new paint job, and whether or not the shed collapses with the winds.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Just got back from the boat blowing 55 and water and waves over the dock , but all looked good . keeping my fingers crosssed and 14 lines .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Paul is this the beginning of it for you or has the worst past and you're getting the tail end now?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Tomorrow should be the worst . Tides maybe better or worst depending on what direction the winds change to .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
~DarkNemesis~

Post by ~DarkNemesis~ »

Its looking like a real mess no matter what they call it.. wife just got called to pack her bags till tuesday. She will have to sleep in the comm center on a cott. Grrrr. I get to watch the 120 ft tall oak tree for 2 - 3 days. Oh well. It is what it is....
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Getting stronger ( and closer ) Going to worse this afternoon for us , yet work called and is opening late , that makes sence :shock: ??????

5AM Update: Sandy gains strength
HURRICANE SANDY: 5 a.m. update – Sandy gains strength and now has sustained winds of 85 mph. Sandy is centered…
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

carlywolf
Sporadic User

Post by carlywolf »

Stay safe all and Godspeed your recovery......
Classic 1977 F26 HT 5.7 MPFI 350 (330HP)
CLAS-SEA
Carl