Who has been using their Trojan?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Who has been using their Trojan?

Post by captainmaniac »

blair wrote:Got out on Sturgeon Lake yesterday for the first time this year. Had to wait for the fuel pumps to open up for the season. I managed to get her out of her slip, over to the fuel pumps for $500 worth of go juice and then headed out on the lake to check power setting. The locks don't open until Friday so I pretty much had the lake to myself. This is our first "big" boat so I wanted to get a feel for her. All went really well and I managed to back her into her slip single-handed. No crew with me on this tour...had a blast! It's a lot like flying...small control inputs and easy on the power. I suppose the main difference is that when you fly, the ground doesn't move the way a current does :D
I'm curious about my results so I'd like to hear from other tricabin drivers...I'm getting 5 miles/hr at idle (800 rpm) 8.5 at 1200 rpm 10 at 1500 rpm and 18-20 at 2000 rpm. This is about half a load of fuel and into a moderate headwind. Sorry about the MPH figures, but most my GPS/Moving Map stuff is calibrated for flying.
I don't have a Tri... but those speeds sound high for what I would have expected. My F32 is around 7-8 knots at 1500, and 10ish at 2000RPM. I don't get to 20 until around 3000RPM. Your boat probably tops out around 25-28mph at WOT, and with the Mercs that should be around 4200-4500 RPM... so if you are reading 20mph at 2000 RPM, something is off.