water leaks salon roof

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Mrsluggo

water leaks salon roof

Post by Mrsluggo »

how does the salon roof come off fly bridge and consol are off
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

What year and model boat...?
Mrsluggo

salon roof removal 1978 F 32

Post by Mrsluggo »

help , remove roof on m yF32 1978
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

The salon roof, doesn't come off. If you mean the flybridge surround and console, yes they can be removed.

Not sure of what you want to remove. Can you explain a bit clearer so we can try to help?
Mrsluggo

Post by Mrsluggo »

sorry for not being clear. I was talking about the shell above the salon ceiling . the outter shell that the consol and the wraparound screw onto. I think that I have to remove the rain gutter in 4 sections to do this . does this sound correct??????????? thanks for any help that you can render!!!!!!! mrsluggo sunoco sinclair b/p arco conoco hess dont import middeleastern or s/a oil
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

The rain gutters don't have to be removed.

To remove the surround, unscrew the 3 panels on the inside of the surround and remove. Also disconnect any wiring to lights, etc. Then you simply walk around the exterior of the bridge, removing the screws that hold down the surround. You will also need to remove or un-attach, the rear stainless railing from the side railings and ladder where they attach to the surround, you can also remove the ladder altogether and leave the stancions in the cockpit sole. You do not have to remove the stainless railing from the tops of the surround, the railings will slide out of the T-couplers.

Two - three people can easily remove from boat as I did. Hope this helps, good luck.
Mrsluggo

Post by Mrsluggo »

thanks ; the suround is already off the console is off i want to remove the section that these things mount onto so i ccan repair a soft spot on the roof just behind the consol