Trojan in my bloodline

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

k9th
Ultimate User

Trojan in my bloodline

Post by k9th »

Have you ever wondered why you are attracted to certain design lines in a boat? Why is it I prefer the classic lines of a Trojan and really don't like the design lines of the new breed of powerboats?

Well over the holidays, my sister-in-law decided to trace our lineage back as far as she could to see what was back there. Astonishingly, she found that my twin brother and I are the 26th grandsons of King William the 1st of England, known as William the Conqueror, who reigned as King of England from 1066-1087. Between him and me there were no fewer than 6 other kings of England.

But what I found the most interesting was that when the line was traced back as far as it could go, it stopped at a gentleman named Godwulf who was born around 90 AD. His wife was the "Queen of the Trojans" ruling from the city of Troy.

No wonder I love Trojans and have for over 50 years since first boarding a wooden Trojan that my best friend's father owned back in 1963. I guess I can actually say "It's in my blood".

Queen Elizabeth can also trace her lineage back to William the 1st so I guess we're cousins. Maybe I should show up at Buckingham palace to see what happens when I tell her that. I wonder if the royal yacht is a Trojan?
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Trojan in my bloodline

Post by prowlersfish »

I think we maybe Cousins 9082 times removed
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
RWS
Ultimate User

Re: Trojan in my bloodline

Post by RWS »

in my younger days I used many of them.

So I feel a huge (at least to me) connection.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED