NMEA 2000 Digital Guages

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

LandVF36
Moderate User

NMEA 2000 Digital Guages

Post by LandVF36 »

I'm thinking about updating the flybridge station with updated guages. Before I purchased theboat, the flybridge had been removed twice for shipping. Not a lot of care went into cutting the wires or splicing it back together. I spent 40+ hours last summer tracing wires and replacing sections to reduce coorded splices.

Over the winter, I've been looking at the Maretron products and others. Our 73 F36 has a pair of GM 454s with electronic ignition (both rebuilds with block manufacture dates of 99 and 97). Has anyone successfully replaced their guage cluster with the NMEA 2000 engine monitoring / NMEA 2000 display devices?

It doesnt look like a cheap project, but it would sure be nice to only have a power, antenna, and a single NMEA 2000 network cable cuming up from the engine room.

Looking of clues while I wait for the snow to melt in MN. Sat temp forcase is 9, -20 below with the wind-chill.
Current Fleet:
2000 Carver 450 Voyager
1991 Thompson 21' Carerra Cuddy
1994 Scout 15'
2005 Caribe LCX9 dingy
1981 16' Hobicat
Former Owner - 1973 Trojan F-36 "Light and Variable"