F27/F26 Fresh Water System

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

zedtwentyate
Moderate User

F27/F26 Fresh Water System

Post by zedtwentyate »

Hello friends!

Thanks again for all the help last year. My first year with this boat was an awesome learning experience and I couldn't have done it without the help of this forum.

My latest project has been the fresh water system on the 1986 Trojan F-27. I replaced the water heater with an atwood 6 gallon that I bought on craigslist for $60. Unit works amazing. Through that process, I was able to deduce that the cold water side couldn't build pressure due to a leaky strainer fitting heading to input of the pump. After fixing that, everything appears to be working as it should. I've replaced a few of the water lines and will replace more as I go.

Next on the list:

- Figure out the sink situation. It appears that the drain in the kitchen sink is pretty well rotted. I have find a way to take the old one out. I was able to find a new one, but haven't figured out how to break the old one free. Once that gets done, I'll need to replace the faucet. Any tips?

- I also want to be able to take a shower on the boat. I was able to buy the two wheel rollers for hanging the curtain (they were missing). Now I need to find a curtain. Do you just use a normal one and trim it if needed? Should I be concerned about showering in the boat? Do you turn the shower drain pump on and leave it running while showering or do you just periodically use the pump?

I know these might be some silly questions, but they are buggin' the heck out of me!
Kegan

1986 Trojan F-27 (SOLD!!!)
1989 Trojan 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Diverted Income
Moderate User

Re: F27/F26 Fresh Water System

Post by Diverted Income »

Not sure on an F-27 shower set up, but on a F-32 we just use two shower curtains at full length. On the non-head side they are just a little long, but on the head side they are perfect to cover the head and over lap to keep that area dry. Again, not familiar with the F-27 setup.
1982 Trojan F-32 w/Merc 230's
1975 Baja V-1800J w/ 502 Ford
http://missriverrat.com
https://www.facebook.com/UMRMriverrat
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

On the sink it maybe easier if you pull out the sink bowl for both the drain and the faucet
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Post by zedtwentyate »

Thanks for the replies. My brother (the contractor) just gave me a tool that stick into the sink drain to keep it from moving while I put a wrench on the inside. Hopefully I can find some time this weekend to give it a try.
Kegan

akwalker
Sporadic User

Post by akwalker »

Just get a regular shower curtain and trim it to suit. I'm sure you know, our showers are "wet" as opposed to "dry". In other words, everything in the head gets wet. The cabin also gets pretty damp. I hate showering on my boat, lol. Also, if yours is like mine, there is no holding tank for the grey water. It just gets pumped over the side. Things might get a little "sudsy" in the canal :). Agree with previous poster, if you can remove the sink to work on it. You can replace the drain and faucets much easier that way. Good luck!!
1981 F-26 hardtop
"Gracious Lady"
zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Post by zedtwentyate »

Great point Walker. I don't really want to shower on my boat but I would like the option. We will be spending a week on her in August and while I love a good lake shower, hot water might be nice. Thanks for the tips guys!
Kegan