The elusive F44 Sedan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

The elusive F44 Sedan

Post by captainmaniac »

Not very many around, but I finally managed to get a couple of pictures of one that isn't to far from me. Early '70s model, takes fishing charters out of Port Credit, Ontario.
IMG_6618.JPG
IMG_6618.JPG (200.71 KiB) Viewed 5449 times
IMG_6619.JPG
IMG_6619.JPG (217.36 KiB) Viewed 5449 times
jimbo36
Moderate User

Re: The elusive F44 Sedan

Post by jimbo36 »

We have a beautiful one here at Bay Moorings, Penetanguishene, On, "FREEDOM 44"
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Gotta find you at the TIBS show one of these years Jim!

The boat I posted pics of is definitely a 'road warrior', and is showing some signs of 40+ years of regularly being put to work. Still, very few of them relative to the thousands of F32s produced. Just wanted to share a picture of Trojan history that some may not see.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

now that's wicked cool. i've often wondered what she looks like on the inside. nice to see real pics too. only saw them in trojan one page brochures. were these produced in canada or elkton, md?
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

Somebody should tell that guy he needs to advertise his business - he needs to get his name out there!!!!!!

LOL LOL
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Here is an old BOATING magazine article on the F44 convertible

Article starts on page 40, and Aaron there are some photos of the interior

https://books.google.com/books?id=0CqL_ ... an&f=false

Happy 4th of July everyone!
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

gettaway wrote:Here is an old BOATING magazine article on the F44 convertible

WOW THAT WAS FUN!!! after reading the article, and, noting the 'trojan hi-lo cocktail table', i ventured on with the other issues. man, what a trip down my teen age years. my bedroom was plastered with these boat adverts, on the walls, much to moms dismay. loved reading the bertram ads, the silverton ads, and, a boat that i LOVED when i was a teenager, the ARISTOCRAFT 19. one of the ads made me chuckle too..........the ONAN ELECTRIC PLANT ad in the november 1976 issue.... (after page 16). dear god.......it was always aimed at 'the wife'. an iron? an electric skillet? an electric can opener and a hair dryer? REALLY? loved seeing the old car adverts too........the 1976 ford pinto!!! the lancia beta!!! thanks man....this was fun........
now, back to the f-44........the salon a/c unit was on the bridge under the helm? was this an rv unit? again.........thanks.....this will give me something to read on my ft. lauderdale layover on the 4th....yep.....thanks to the 'new AA', i'm working the 4th. first time in 25 years. yippie............
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

aaronbocknek wrote:

WOW THAT WAS FUN!!! after reading the article, and, noting the 'trojan hi-lo cocktail table', i ventured on with the other issues. man, what a trip down my teen age years. my bedroom was plastered with these boat adverts, on the walls, much to moms dismay. loved reading the bertram ads, the silverton ads, and, a boat that i LOVED when i was a teenager, the ARISTOCRAFT 19. one of the ads made me chuckle too..........the ONAN ELECTRIC PLANT ad in the november 1976 issue.... (after page 16). dear god.......it was always aimed at 'the wife'. an iron? an electric skillet? an electric can opener and a hair dryer? REALLY? loved seeing the old car adverts too........the 1976 ford pinto!!! the lancia beta!!! thanks man....this was fun........
now, back to the f-44........the salon a/c unit was on the bridge under the helm? was this an rv unit? again.........thanks.....this will give me something to read on my ft. lauderdale layover on the 4th....yep.....thanks to the 'new AA', i'm working the 4th. first time in 25 years. yippie............

Aaron , it is kind of cool to see the ads and articles from our past, they are a time capsule in a way.

Thanks for flying this weekend, you are helping to bring a lot of people together for a great American Holiday, keep a smile on your face and remember you are doing something good, I am a loyal Southwest customer and several times a year I get "kicking Tail" coupons to give to airline employees that stand out by doing something above and beyond the normal day to day job, these coupons have a number on them that apparently they enter into an account and with enough points, they can exchange for goods and services , plus the registered attaboy. Its funny - I almost always give mine to a flight crew who were simply nice people and stay positive - despite the modern day airline passenger in their pajamas, with three carry-on's that are to full to fit in the overhead, arms full of food and are just simply rude -I fly enough, I feel their pain - literally------and hey, at least you are working, have you seen the REAL unemployment numbers lately?
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
bjanakos
Moderate User

Post by bjanakos »

I actually enjoyed looking at all the car adds.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

gettaway wrote:
aaronbocknek wrote:

Aaron , it is kind of cool to see the ads and articles from our past, they are a time capsule in a way.

Thanks for flying this weekend, you are helping to bring a lot of people together for a great American Holiday, keep a smile on your face and remember you are doing something good, I am a loyal Southwest customer and several times a year I get "kicking Tail" coupons to give to airline employees that stand out by doing something above and beyond the normal day to day job, these coupons have a number on them that apparently they enter into an account and with enough points, they can exchange for goods and services , plus the registered attaboy. Its funny - I almost always give mine to a flight crew who were simply nice people and stay positive - despite the modern day airline passenger in their pajamas, with three carry-on's that are to full to fit in the overhead, arms full of food and are just simply rude -I fly enough, I feel their pain - literally------and hey, at least you are working, have you seen the REAL unemployment numbers lately?
well thank you. it's nice to be appreciated. today was...... a chore.......to say the least. lots of 'first timers'. ugh. i'd still rather be on the boat with brad and the pups. any day of the week.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com