Original Anti-fouling Boat Paint

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jimini

Original Anti-fouling Boat Paint

Post by jimini »

I have seen many advertised pictures (late 70's) of new Trojans with a dark blue anti-fouling paint. Does anyone remember seeing black anti-fouling paint on that many Trojans back in the seventies? I mostly remember a blood red; or blue; or a copper color but not so much as black.. I beginning to like the blue color better than the black and seriously thinking about changing the bottom color... Guess I want something different from the norm...lol
You've gotta be tough if you're gonna be STUPID!

jimini
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

there are 5 (?) trojans at my marina ,4 have blue bottoms one has black and that used to be blue but I changed it when I owned it to black .
my F36 has blue but I may change it to black this year.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
wowzer52
Active User

bottom paint

Post by wowzer52 »

my 1975 f-32 had blue and had been changed to black and when I had the bottom stripped and painted I went with black, I don't know if there is any benefit to any particular color but they all look good when they're newly painted, personal preference I guess.
Boat28

Bottom Paint

Post by Boat28 »

I have a 1986 Trojan Tri-cabin it has a black bottom.
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

Most of the boats around me are black (including mine). I think the biggest reason is we are up in the great lakes region and most of the marinas are on inlannd lakes that are fed by rivers so the water tends to be more brown than ocean blue. Also when the river/lake water starts building slime on the bottom it is less noticeable on black than blue.

Now I may be twisting logic to fit my opinoin (my wife says im good at that, especiall when it comes to buying somthing for the boat) but at the end of the day it is just an opinion.

Heck, paint it neon pink and put underwater black lights on thu hull setups and make it look like one of these fancy show cars the kids are all drooling over these days...... :D
MAC32 "Fingers crossed for Flotation"