REMOVING FLYBRIDGE FOR TRANSIT

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

CBL

REMOVING FLYBRIDGE FOR TRANSIT

Post by CBL »

I am considering the purchase of a 1981 Trojan F32. Moving the boat to its new home from an inland lake would require removing the flybridge for transport. ( I have already checked with a transporter.)

Question is-- how difficult is it to remove the flybridge? And does anyone have knowledge about whether the manufacturer used 3M 5200 to seal the jfkybridge joint?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.
CBL
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: REMOVING FLYBRIDGE FOR TRANSIT

Post by prowlersfish »

Its not to hard but will take some time . There has been other threads on this . Trojan used a sealer But its not 5200
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jimbo36
Moderate User

Post by jimbo36 »

CBL, did you shop around? I know they have been transported with the right hydraulic rig and removal of the mast and plastic w/shield. Removal and reinstall is a PITA.
kallen
Sporadic User

Post by kallen »

Transported my 81 F-32 from Lake Simcoe to Kingston ont . Didnt have to remove flybridge. The transport company used a Low boy trailer.