dripping groco intake seacock

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

dagen
2024 Forum Support
2024 Forum Support

dripping groco intake seacock

Post by dagen »

I have a 1978 F30 Trojan and we boat at Catawba Island in Western Lake Erie. One of my Groco SV1250 Intake shutoff valves has a slight drip coming off the threads of the T handle valve, The handle is turned out as far as it can go, the valve has not been turned on or off for over a year. I would like to get avoid a haulout and baby it till it can be replaced at the end of the season with a ball valve. Does anyone have any suggestions for stopping or minimizing this slight drip without hauling out and taking the valve out? It reminds me of a leaking valve stem. Thanks for any help and happy boating.

Brian
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: dripping groco intake seacock

Post by prowlersfish »

Turn in the T handle?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
dagen
2024 Forum Support
2024 Forum Support

Post by dagen »

Thanks for the information, the spec sheet was exactly what I needed. I will tighten the t handle and see if the dripping stops. I am still thinking replacing this with a ball valve this off season may be a good idea.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

dagen wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 am Thanks for the information, the spec sheet was exactly what I needed. I will tighten the t handle and see if the dripping stops. I am still thinking replacing this with a ball valve this off season may be a good idea.
Having yours rebuilt to exchanged would also be a good idea. Look how long they have lasted.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D