F36 Fuel Level Sender

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BSpencer

F36 Fuel Level Sender

Post by BSpencer »

Hello All, and thank you for keeping this forum alive! I chose to respond to this thread because it's the most recent conversation I can find about fuel level senders.

I'm a new owner of a 1989 F36 and I'm in the process of making a couple of updates while doing a full restoration on the boat. I'd like to keep the vast majority of the boat as it was when it was new. The one major change I'd like to make is in the helm instrumentation. I'd like to put new combo gauges in the helm console to increase available room. The goal is to add an additional navigation screen to the available space so that I can run Navionics/Aquamaps as a secondary system to my Garmin 7212. As I update the gauge set, I'll also be replacing the sending units for each gauge. I'd like to put new sending units in the fuel tanks but I don't know the depth of the tanks. I suppose I can measure the depth once I pull the old senders out but I'd like to have a new sender to put back in its place as soon as I pull the old one out. Can anyone tell me what length/depth sender I'll need to put back into the main tanks and the auxiliary tanks? Again - THANK YOU to all of you who participate in this forum to help out the newbies like me who want to see these boats continue on!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F36 Fuel Level Sender

Post by prowlersfish »

I did respond on another thread but I will again and add contact info. You can get new senders From Bob at Beacon Pre set for the Trojan Tanks

Beacon Marine Supply © 2022
Forks Township, PA and Columbia, PA
bob at beaconmarinesupply dot com
609-713-4602
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D