Finding My Hull Id # For Insurance

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jcatkinson

Finding My Hull Id # For Insurance

Post by jcatkinson »

Hello,

I'm trying to get insurance for my 1976 26' Express, but according to the insurance company the H.I.N. on my registration doesn't have the correct amount of numbers. I can't find the HIN on my boat and the HIN on the reg is 7 numbers. Anyone know about HIN specifics on 1970's Trojan boats?
jav
Moderate User

Post by jav »

HIN should be embossed on your transom, at least it is on my 1974 F-32
Paul
Active User

ID Number

Post by Paul »

The hull number on my transom is partially covered by the swim platform but the same number can also be found inside the door for the electrical panel under the helm. TRJ****

Hope This Helps
Paul
Cruise Control
"78 F26 HT
jcatkinson

Re: ID Number

Post by jcatkinson »

I couldn't find the HIN on the transom but I found the ID plate behind the electrical console and it doesn't have the traditional "TRJ*******" HIN. The tag reads, Boat Id Number, and it's just 7 numbers, but they don't correspond with the year. The tag looks legit with the trojan emblem and it doesn't appear that it's been modified in any way. The insurance company I wante to go through won't accept the HIN I have. Can anyone provide guidance or perhaps I should just try to find another insurance company.

Thanks,

James
Paul wrote:The hull number on my transom is partially covered by the swim platform but the same number can also be found inside the door for the electrical panel under the helm. TRJ****

Hope This Helps
Paul
Cruise Control
"78 F26 HT
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

this may help in figure out what maybe missing
http://www.trojanboats.net/Trojan%20Num ... 070_87.pdf

is the id on the title the same ??

Paul
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jcatkinson

HIN

Post by jcatkinson »

The registration lists only the 7 numbers on the id tag as well. I was however able to get insurance and the company just added 4 zeros in order for the system to accept it. Thanks for the replies.