We went fishing today. Fished off of Cape Henry and Va Beach

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Juice just do not tell me the weather as I getting ready to srap the ice off the truck so I can go to the boat ( I must be nuts ! )
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

P ... have a great one out there. I'm sure you won't even notice the temp once you get out....take care
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

Looks like I am not going to the boat today. Son is in Richmond so will go there tomarrow. Weather should be pretty good today I hope.
Fishing Chesapeake Bay and Off Shore Virginia.
1988 11 meter Trojan International 450 HP 671TI Detroit Diesels
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Good news ! I left all the fish for you . Only one boat reported fish on ch 68 every one else cried the blues . But it was nice out there so it was a good day .

Saw a 28 trojan that has been on this site "Paula sea " could not get him on the VHF .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

Prowlersfish, sorry I did not get to the boat today, my son called and said he was headed for Richmond so I decide to go tomarrow to the boat. Sorry to hear you did not get any fish. We went through that for two days, not much fun. We were also testing rigs etc to see how they would work. Worked out pretty good. I hope the fish have not gone south already.
rossjo
Ultimate User

Tuna any one?

Post by rossjo »

Might want to take up Tuna fishing - $105,000 for 282lb Blue Fin!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090105/ap_ ... K4DRDtiBIF
Premium tuna fetches $100,000 in Tokyo auction

TOKYO – Two sushi bar owners paid more than $100,000 for a Japanese bluefin tuna at a Tokyo fish auction Monday, several times the average price and the highest in nearly a decade, market officials said.

The 282-pound (128-kilogram) premium tuna caught off the northern coast of Oma fetched 9.63 million yen ($104,700), the highest since 2001, when another Japanese bluefin tuna brought an all-time record of 20 million yen, market official Takashi Yoshida said.

Yoshida said the extravagant purchase — about $370 per pound ($817 per kilogram) — went to a Hong Kong sushi bar owner and his Japanese competitor who reached a peaceful settlement to share the big fish. The Hong Kong buyer also paid the highest price at last year's new year event at Tokyo's Tsukiji market, the world's largest fish seller, which holds near-daily auctions.

A slightly bigger imported bluefin caught off the eastern United States sold for 1.42 million yen ($15,400) in Monday's auction.

"It was the best tuna of the day, but the price shot up because of the shortage of domestic bluefin," Yoshida said, citing rough weather at the end of December. Buyers vied for only three Oma bluefin tuna Monday, compared to 41 last year.

Typical tuna prices at Tokyo fish markets are less than $25 per pound ($55 per kilogram). But bluefin tuna is considered by gourmets to be the best, and when sliced up into small pieces and served on rice it goes for very high prices in restaurants.

Premium fish — sometimes sliced up while the customers watch — also have advertising value, underscoring a restaurant's quality, like a rare wine.

Due to growing concerns over the impact of commercial fishing on the bluefin variety's survival, members of international tuna conservation organizations, including Japan, have agreed to cut their bluefin catch quota for 2009 by 20 percent to 22,000 tons.
Last edited by rossjo on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

I will have to wait and see if they really cut the harvest that much. There are alot of poachers even here in the USA.
AuxiliaryComms

Post by AuxiliaryComms »

Just so you know, you can get a free vessel safety exam from the Coast Guard Auxiliary units in the area. Typically, with the inspection sticker displayed, the CG won't bother boarding you. It's also a really good assist for safety.

... I'm not biased or anything though.
Jason

1969 Sea Raider FG Express (Flickr Set)

Join the USCG Auxiliary, America's Volunteer Lifesavers
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

We had the sticker on our boat that showed we had a expection already this year. They inspected us again. He handed us a slip of paper and told us to show it the next time and they would not inspect us knowing we were already inspected. I just figure you are going to get inspected and just be prepared. Really not a problem. They were friendly and just did their job. Quick and simple as that.
AuxiliaryComms

Post by AuxiliaryComms »

Hmmm... bit of a waste of time really, but I guess they need something to do around here. Probably just liked your boat and needed an excuse.
Jason

1969 Sea Raider FG Express (Flickr Set)

Join the USCG Auxiliary, America's Volunteer Lifesavers
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

I figured they were training or just want to put some hours in on the water. It gave them good practice to get their boat out and be on the water in a little rougher conditions. Anyway I like to take pictures and I did get a good picture of their boats. Loved it.
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

We had 2 coasties fall off their boat on our last inspection. They started with one guy jumping over, then literally threw a young girl over, followed by a big guy who didn't make it (twice). Ended up with one in the water between our boats in the dark. Brilliant!
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

The CG was busy with one boat that fishing

"CFV Never-e-nuff was chartered and underway fishing past the 3 mi line off of NC. The CG approached vsl who then took off while throwing 20+ fish overboard. NC CG notified VA CG that vsl fled and was heading north. The CG had a helo in the air and quickly located the vsl. A CG response boat from LC was vectored in to the vsl to find them scrubbing their fish holds, 11 POB, and plenty of filets. The punishments are expected to define "the fullest extent of the law"....as well they should! "

This head boat was out of MD a few of them come south for the striper season .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Paul, do you have a link to that story? On the TF fishing board, they were abuzz about it but no confirmed report. :roll:

If fisherman are low enough to rape our resources and can't comply with regulations which are for the betterment of our fishing rights, they should be penilized to the fullest extent! Below is a reply from a member on TF who seems to know something else. I would like to know the true story though.

"I believe the boat in question was "never enough"....I saw him last night at dinner...he talked with the NC authorities... never run from them... was boarded by the coast guard....was circled by a helicopter...was NEVER issued a ticket for any violations. Was checked over very well and let go with a clean bill of health. If you think by any means that a 25-29 kt boat can outrun one of those zodiak fellows you need to stay off the water.... remember back in school when the teacher would whisper something in a students ear and tell them to tell the person behind them and so on...by the time it gets all the way around the room it's not even close to what the teacher started with."

Ok, Here's an edit after my original posting. Evidently they were chased back to Rudee inlet but no charges were filed. Small story in below link.

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/01/striper ... full-swing
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

This came off a forum and you know how that goes ( unless its here and then its fact ! :lol: LOL)

http://vbsf.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16577

this maybe the boat ??

http://www.neverenuffcharters.com/index.htm
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels