hatch slider knob

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

g36
Moderate User

hatch slider knob

Post by g36 »

on my f32 assuming these are original. i have on my hatches a round threaded disc that you tighten on the slider to keep the hatch up. they all are functional but sometimes i'll have someone open the hatch and think the disc is tight and then it will bang shut later. i would think something that would be easier to grip would make tightening this a little easier. maybe with a knurled type knob or similar. i had thought about installing a piece of rubber in between that would compress to help. has anyone replaced these knobs or modified the originals somehow? i just started looking but thought i would ask.
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish
14' hobie cat
canoe
8ft portabote
ready123
Ultimate User

Re: hatch slider knob

Post by ready123 »

g36 wrote:on my f32 assuming these are original. i have on my hatches a round threaded disc that you tighten on the slider to keep the hatch up.
Sounds like your discs are missing. Mine have a plastic disc either side of the arm... the knob is then able to compress it somewhat and likely has more friction than metal to metal. It is rare for mine to close even when underway.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
Rich Schwochow

Post by Rich Schwochow »

I put a 1/4" stainless fender washer between the disc and the arm. It did the trick for me.
TC
Sporadic User

Post by TC »

In the slide bars on mine have three indentations that hold the hatch up. The knurled thumb nut justs holds things together. Actually they are more difficult to close cause you have to back off the nut, lift the hatch then lift the bar and hold it clear as you lower then hatch. All while trying to sit half up in the "v" berth.
1989 F-32
Penetang,
Georgian Bay
Peter
Moderate User

Post by Peter »

yeah...what TC said...
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

diddo
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"