Mental notes.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

reelfishin
Moderate User

Mental notes.

Post by reelfishin »

I think we all make them. I saw a hose below one of our engines that was exiting out the side. At the time I thought it was odd that it did not loop up and then back down. I figured that it was not causing a problem so why worry about it, but did make a mental note about it. We have noticed the bildge pump coming on while we are out fishing. This means it is siphoning water back into the bildge. It does not do it while it is sitting at the dock. I think what happened someone put in a hose that was to short to make a loop. Anyway when the weather warms we will be moving the seats to check it out and also check the engines just before the spring fishing starts.
For anyone that has a 11 meter or the L shaped seat like we do, I came up with a good way to move them. I bought two furniture dollys and made a box that fitts in the top of the dolly betweem the two end boards. It is the right height so that when we move the seat back we move it onto the dollys. That way it can be rolled back and move out of the way. OH it is great not to have to lift eht seat 8 inches to get it back up and on the higher deck. We have used it several years now and they are great.
Fishing Chesapeake Bay and Off Shore Virginia.
1988 11 meter Trojan International 450 HP 671TI Detroit Diesels