who here

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

MTP
Moderate User

who here

Post by MTP »

carries a gun on board

I do about half the time
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

If i felt the need I would stop boating .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Peter
Moderate User

Post by Peter »

Off the coast of Somalia I might. Off the coast Ohio , I'm more likely to shoot myself in the foot and have to use my stash of chewing gum.
sehord
Sporadic User

Post by sehord »

I do if we stay out at he island over night. I really doubt it would ever be necessary, but I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.... Sorta like flying, the least two things that you can use is the altitude above ya and the runway behind ya.....
A ship in a harbor is safe.... But that's not what ships were built for
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

....don't feel the need
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

We all carry a gun in a sorta way that is if you have a flare gun. As for a gun on board. No we don't but I definately could see the need for one at certain times.
Fishing Chesapeake Bay and Off Shore Virginia.
1988 11 meter Trojan International 450 HP 671TI Detroit Diesels
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Have one on the boat a 1911 model colt and wear a smaller colt almost all the time.
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

Flare gun

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

If you need to shoot someone then a flare gun at close range will do as much damage and is easier to hit your target than a pistol at close range.

If I needed a gun on board I probably would sell the boat. My wife is more likely to really shoot me if I had one. She threatens to shoot me all the time.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

No gun on my boat, too many kids around. But I do have a campfire story.

We were boarded once by the coast guard comming back from a trip to chicago (thats another story in itself) but when the coast guard was on the boat all of a sudden one of the guys starts making funny noises and chirping like a little girl......When looked up there was 4 coast guard guys with THEIR guns drawn ON US.

Apparently the rookie saw an official Illinois State police sticker on the window and a NRA sticker from the previous owner of my boat and figured since I did not declare who I was (or was not) and we were in a hurry back from Chicago that there was trouble when I was getting my papers.

Took a few minutes, then we all got a few laughs, they did an inspection (missed one discharge sticker by the sink that I still dont have up) then we were on our way....
MAC32 "Fingers crossed for Flotation"
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

20mm flare gun is all that's needed in close range. The only threat I've ever had was a couple of drunk teenagers who thought our boat was empty when we were anchored out one night. I heard them on the deck and scared the piss out of them when I came charging out with the flare gun. It must have looked like a cannon - hell, it was! As for a real pistol or gun, I would not have it on board. Too many small grandkids, and I agree about the wife most likely shooting me.....hey.....where IS that flare gun????????????
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
wvernie

Post by wvernie »

Absolutely, postively we have a weapon on board, we have very large curious black bears here in West Virginia. They can swim to! I don't advertise the fact that a weapon is on board and its not laying out in plain view either. I'm also a veteran and spent enough time in an 18 wheeler to make the million mile mark...twice.I am a firm believer in Guns don't kill people...people do!!
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

wvernie ... where do you boat in Beckley>?
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
Coralkong
Sporadic User

Re: Flare gun

Post by Coralkong »

TADTOOMUCH wrote:If you need to shoot someone then a flare gun at close range will do as much damage and is easier to hit your target than a pistol at close range.

If I needed a gun on board I probably would sell the boat. My wife is more likely to really shoot me if I had one. She threatens to shoot me all the time.

+1.

LOL,,,too true.
wvernie

Post by wvernie »

[qWe have several options..either Summersville Lake or the Kanawha river which could take us to New Orleans or Bluestone Lake.uote="LSP"]wvernie ... where do you boat in Beckley>?[/quote]
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

reelfishin wrote:We all carry a gun in a sorta way that is if you have a flare gun. As for a gun on board. No we don't but I definately could see the need for one at certain times.

Yes you need to watch out for them trouble makers on the other side of the pond
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D