New guy here with a question?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

I have restored several wood boats including plywood, composite(glass over wood), lapstrake and plank. I love wood boats and if I were younger and had more time I would do it again. No other boats ride like a wood boat and when the family is involved with the projects it is time well spent. .. Use a "bunk" trailer as ready123 said. They are very common and not hard to find, craigslist. I use only bunk trailers, even for my fiberglass boats because they support the hull length. I have seen in person the results of using a roller trailer with a wood boat that wasn't strong enough take the bouncing stresses of transport. Check with Beacon Marine at this site for the approximate weight and other information on that boat, if he has it, and I'm sure there are others on this site that can give you more info on there wood Trojan boats. Keep us posted.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
Tuck
Moderate User

Re: 1962 31ft cruiser

Post by Tuck »

gene wrote:will someone please tell me how to find out any info on my new boat?
specifics are your friend. :)
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

Try starting a new thread with more detail. Senile old farts like me get confused easy. ....What year is this anyway? :?
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

trailer

Post by larryeddington »

I advertised on Ushipit.com and had a good result, I got 4 bids to move the boat I chose one with a hydraulic trailer so he could set it down easy on my property for my work to begin. I brought it down froom Cleveland Ohio to Texas. The cost is going to run you about $3 per mile. However the guy I use said he would not transport a wood boat.

Larry
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink