Clean machine F30 owners or anyone else-side window question

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

classicf25

Clean machine F30 owners or anyone else-side window question

Post by classicf25 »

Finally back in town to get back on my boat projects. The 1973 F30 Clean Machine we recently purchased currently has no side windows. PO made covers out of starboard and it seems to work and look ok. Inside they covered the window frames with similar covering. I have located a set of side windows that came out of a 1977 Trojan but have no idea of what the actual original side window size of F30 is without taking apart what the PO fabricated. That would create quite a bit of a mess which I wouldn't mind if the replacements are a close fit.

Can anyone give me any measurements before I have to take this mess apart? I know there is different measurements for inside frame and outside frame. I would hate to miss this opportunity, if they fit it will be amazing!

Thanks
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
Lawman
Moderate User

Post by Lawman »

Did the windows you got come out of a Clean Machine ? I don't think any other F series boat window would fit, and if they are from a Clean Machine, you're going to want to take all that starboard off to inspect the original tracks. Odds are thay are all rotted. When I did all mine I believe they were around 10' long (at bottom) and 16 or 18" high??
1973 F30 Clean Machine
' Goomar '
(Italian for 'my mistress')

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water" -- Chief Brody
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

If you get the measurements you can always have a glass shop fabricate some for you at a decent price, my old silverton had a replacement set done and 8 windows cost me a total of 200 for them to cut me out a new set.
1974 F36 Tri-Cabin "Jorallyn"
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

I have no window frames currently. Everything was removed inside and out by PO and covered. What I found is a set of side windows with frames and glass. Outside frame is 97.5" long x 10" tall and inside frame is 93" long x 8.25" tall, sure hope it could work it would be a great deal.
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

oo well thats a bit of a different story then, i thought it was just the glass that was missing
1974 F36 Tri-Cabin "Jorallyn"
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

I took a piece of it apart and it seems the windows and frames are going to be too small anyway. Bummer! You are right Lawman those are good size windows!

Just as well because I really was not ready to take on that project right now anyhow.

Thanks to all.
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence