new top... FINALLY

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Misty
Sporadic User

new top... FINALLY

Post by Misty »

After almost 6 months on a wait list, the top is going on the flybridge! Went with Mustang on top for weatherproofness and stg else on sides for venting.
Attachments
resized.jpg
resized.jpg (56.47 KiB) Viewed 6702 times
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: new top... FINALLY

Post by prowlersfish »

Nice
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Barrie
Moderate User

Post by Barrie »

Looking Good!
Barrie
Aylmer Ontario, Canada
36' Tri-Fly "The Obvious"
Misty
Sporadic User

Post by Misty »

Thanks you two. Hopefully all the fall and winter days in my "bubble" up top will make up for the pain of waiting (and FUNDING). Ill try to post a nice side shot once I move her back to the end tie.
Misty
Sporadic User

Post by Misty »

smalltop.jpg
smalltop.jpg (6.08 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
almost done...
Attachments
WP_20161008_004.jpg
WP_20161008_004.jpg (177.96 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Looking good ,that's a lot of top
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Misty
Sporadic User

Post by Misty »

Note the color of that sky! Same until June 2017!!!! :roll:
gitchisum
Moderate User

Post by gitchisum »

I need to work on finding one of those Giant Swan tenders that your neighbor has!!
88 321 Sedan 270 crusaders
2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000
97 Lowe Roughneck 17TC
1948 Alumacraft K14, Evinrude twin 6hp " Still kickin"
Misty
Sporadic User

Post by Misty »

That thing is a mystery. They wrap it around their dinghy and motor around Lake Union. It never loses air, and never blows away???
Barrie
Moderate User

Post by Barrie »

That, indeed is a lot of top! looks great!
I like the white cover over the windshield, do you get any light through it? can you see through it at all?
I was actually thinking of a black or navy one to match my top that would likely add a lot of heat, which may be an advantage here in Ontario.

If you don't mind I'm going to print a poster size picture of your boat and keep it handy so I can see what I'm working towards :mrgreen:
Barrie
Aylmer Ontario, Canada
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

Barrie wrote:I like the white cover over the windshield, do you get any light through it? can you see through it at all?
I was actually thinking of a black or navy one to match my top that would likely add a lot of heat, which may be an advantage here in Ontario.
We have a Sunbrella navy windshield cover and it certainly adds heat when the sun is out. When it comes time to replace it, I am sure I will struggle with deciding between white and navy. The white would keep the boat cooler, but would get dirty faster and I like the look of the darker windshield better.
Last edited by WayWeGo on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
Misty
Sporadic User

Post by Misty »

Whoa Barrie thats a compliment coming from you! The white Phifertex Max illuminates the WHOLE salon but you cant see through it at all. The black Phifetex min is handy to PEEK through say when turning around or trolling but not for picking out navigational markers or fine vision. You can see through it okay. Note... Your crazy ex or your bookie can also see you through the BLACK at night with the lights on! :shock: But it provides some privacy at least during the day.
Barrie
Moderate User

Post by Barrie »

WayWeGo wrote:
Barrie wrote:I like the white cover over the windshield, do you get any light through it? can you see through it at all?
We have a Sunbrella navy windshield cover and it certainly adds heat when the sun is out. When it comes time to replace it, I am sure I will struggle with deciding between white and navy. The white would keep the boat cooler, but would get dirty faster and I like the look of the darker windshield better.
Yes, I do like the look of the dark wrap around covers on your boat, to me it adds to the coolness! :lol:
But then the white would keep it cooler (temp) and you make a good point about the visibility of dirt.

You've been no help at all! :D
Barrie
Aylmer Ontario, Canada
Barrie
Moderate User

Post by Barrie »

Misty wrote:Whoa Barrie thats a compliment coming from you! The white Phifertex Max illuminates the WHOLE salon but you cant see through it at all. The black Phifetex min is handy to PEEK through say when turning around or trolling but not for picking out navigational markers or fine vision. You can see through it okay. Note... Your crazy ex or your bookie can also see you through the BLACK at night with the lights on! :shock: But it provides some privacy at least during the day.
Thanks Misty, great info in the last couple post here, might have to have one of each.

Currently I don't have a crazy ex or bookie, but I do like to lounge in my underwear so I would like to have some privacy. I could PM what that would look like :lol:
Barrie
Aylmer Ontario, Canada
Misty
Sporadic User

Post by Misty »

Made me laugh. I think we all deserve a rest after our projects. For the record white phifertex is not dirt attracting. Mines been in place for nearly a year. I think rain just cleans out the mesh?