Boat Show

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

wowzer52
Active User

Boat Show

Post by wowzer52 »

Well, the Seattle Boat Show was no surprise. No discounted prices. Some of the trinkets were down a smidge but nothing to write home to mother about, not like it usually is. Though I was able to dicker the price down on some G-5 fenders (I needed a couple more). I told the guy that Defender.com has them for 29.95 all the time so why buy them here for 29.95 when I can have them delivered to my door for the same price, and then I mentioned that last year during the last days of the boat show he sold them for 25.00 and ran out, I know, I was there. The nice man told me that nobody was buying them anyway so he finally gave in and dropped the price to 24.49 and then his partner sold me two for 27.79. I lost something in the translation, but hey, two for the price of one, sweet. I got the overall impression that the prices on everything at the show (including the boats) are up because of the economy, they are hungry and in need. Some are in the last efforts to save there business.However I found a place that builds custom fiberglass swim boards and bow pulpits and has several nice used ones of different sizes in LA Conner, Wa. I also found cheap upgrades to Nobeltec navigation software and some stuff for Zodiac inflatables and some other inexpensive small stuff. 12/120v Refridgerators were up from last year from 699.00 to 1199.00 for the same model at the same vender. Again, no discounts, but not to disappoint, understanding there financial situation, just having all this cool boating stuff in one place,,,yah baby... The Boats Afloat part of the show was also interesting. Great to go aboard and see all the new shiny stuff but I'm glad I didn't go to buy a new boat, prices were also up. When I asked about the 08 Searays and Bayliner boats being sold as 09's with bigger prices they disagreed and showed me the molding changes in the new boats, very interesting, interesting price changes too, wow. All in all, I achieved what I wanted to and had a good time.... Any one else?
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
FINS

Post by FINS »

The local ACBS (wooden runabout guys) asked several months ago if the NW Marine Trade Assoc. that puts the show on, would donate some space to show 4-5 quality restored runabouts. They wait until the week before it opens to make the call in case a paying vendor comes along. They told us a week prior that they were 90% booked. Of course that is because they reduced the square footage of the show by about 40%. It is still great to see all the boating stuff all in one place. Things I didn't even know I needed! Great tradition for the Seattle Boat Show as well. Here is a picture from Feburary 21, 1948.

thecode9000

Post by thecode9000 »

I hate boat shows...
thecode9000

Post by thecode9000 »

I hate boat shows...
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

I guess you really hate boat shows code...
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

going to the atlantic city boat show today wing eatting contest at 3 sponcered by hooters wish me luck
gjrylands
Moderate User

Post by gjrylands »

I prefer breasts!!! :D
Gerry
1979 F36 Twin Chryler 440's
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

gjrylands wrote:I prefer breasts!!! :D
As it is sponsored by Hooters what is your point? :wink:
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
jimbo36
Moderate User

Post by jimbo36 »

When you pay for the wings, try to get your change in nipples and dimes!!