Prop Recondition

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

randyp
Active User

Prop Recondition

Post by randyp »

Any suggestions for a place in NY or near NY state to get my prop reconditioned? I'm planning on pulling it next month (assuming the snow has melted back enough for me to get into the storage barn) and was hoping some of you have used reliable recon shops.

Thanks
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

If you're near Syracuse, take it to J & S Marine in Baldwinsville. they'll know who to send it to. 3558 Hayes Rd. 315-622-1095 they're the Trojan experts. we have lots of em. mine's there too.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Thanks. We stayed overnight on the town wall at Baldwinsville on our canal trip this summer. Great town. They were installing electric service for 2009 use. Hope they had the money to get it finished considering our current state of economy.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

We're the first 2 marinas east of lock 24. J & S West & the original J & S Marine. We bleed Trojan. 4 woodies & close to a dozen "Tupperware" or "self propelled Jacuzzi Tubs". We like our woodies can you tell? Maybe you'll pass our way again this year. I should be finally in after 7 years, 9 new ribs, lots of planks, new stem cap, & some deck work.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express