Holding tank, Toilet waste

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Away On Busine$$
Moderate User

Holding tank, Toilet waste

Post by Away On Busine$$ »

It appears our tank is half full of solid waste. We have a round fiberglass tank that I would suggest is about 15 to 20 gallons. However we get to flush about 10 times and we are full again. Is there some way to desolve old material in the tank. We used to use raw liver in the septic system at home, to create bacteria. Not sure if this is right for this application.
Season is short, we make the best of it.
Lean Wolf

Re: Holding tank, Toilet waste

Post by Lean Wolf »

Don't have an answer to your question however if you end up replacing the tank, Ardemco is the place to go. I had a couple of 30 and 40 gallon tanks made with fittings for $200-$250. They are reasonable with great service. Hope you find an answer to your question!
Drew
1979 Trojan F44, Detroit 6-71's
Chopped 47 Ford, 460 CI
g36
Moderate User

Re: Holding tank, Toilet waste

Post by g36 »

i dont know how solid your waste may be but you may need to go in through the inspection or access port and manually break it up with high pressure water etc till its not stuck and then go pump out again maybe a couple times till you have no solids stuck in the bottom and that is somewhat cleaned out. after that and moving forward there are some products that you can use such as (i dont know about liver) etc but butter milk? , then theres noflex digester that goes the bacteria route and then there are folks who dont do anything and then some who use pine sol , calgon, tide etc. i dont what kind of toilet you have but i would watch much water per flush or how often but 15 gallon isnt real big.depending on the number of folks. i suggest you use single ply toilet paper septic safe something like scotts in grocery stores in u.s. and cheaper than the same stuff the rv stores sell that will break down quicker. also a purasan if legal where you are will do away with a holding tank altogether. they are legal where i am and work great but abit costly, but if your considering having a new tank built now might be the time to look at it.
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish
14' hobie cat
canoe